TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New here

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 9th 2004#163647 Report
Hi

Thought I'd say hi and show a pic I made in Photoshop recently. I'm new to using Photoshop for art but have used it for years for photography. Hope you all like and comment on it. I have another two pictures to show so I'll post them later.
Thankshttp://img70.exs.cx/img70/9132/videocamera4tc.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 9th 2004#163663 Report
Wow, that looks cool man
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 10th 2004#163676 Report
*Please post links rather than direct images*

Nice job. Only got a few crits, and most are more tips than crits.

- No white highlights. Tint the highlights depending on the light source. Indoor shots would be reddish, regular lamps would be yellow, fluorescent lights i believe have a greenish color, camera flash would be blue, outside light would be blue-white etc. A little tint will go a long way. Take this blue #F1F4FA for example.

- The grain is to even. Id set that layer to multiply.....reducing the amount of noise by removing the white pixels. You may also want to scale the grain a bit bigger, or maybe use contrast to reduce the grain further.

- The lighting is too even. Take a tip from the background (top is lighter, bottom darker). Your device should reflect this, so the lighting varies over the back of it. Id use a soft, low opacity brush and paint (using screen layer mode) over the top half of the device (but thats just my way, you could dodge/burn etc).

- about the background (top lighter, bottom darker). With an already verticle composition, it doesnt really add much. It's fine, but its not all that interesting. I think if you used diagonal or radial lighting, not only would it be more interesting, but it would make the device "pop" (the device would also have to reflect this lighting).
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 11th 2004#163716 Report
It's a good start, I would recomment the above techniques as well and try faking a HDRI map by using a very low opacity of an ambient picture.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum