TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Broken

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 6th 2004#163564 Report
Well hello there to you all. I am new to this forum, but definitely not new to art. I have been doing graphics for about a year now, and I thought I would post them here. I love to get critique on my artwork, and getting them from other Photoshop users is especially good.

The image I am posting in this thread is titled "Broken". It was my first photo manipulation, made on Jan 23, 2004. And I have to say, to this day, I am still proud of it--a rarity for me, as I usually tire of my graphics soon after I make them.

http://img99.exs.cx/img99/2063/o1zbrokenbysammigurl.jpg

That is the image. It was made out of two photos and a brush. It was made in Photoshop 7, like most of my work. Not one of my best works, of course being my first, but at the time I was satisfied with it. Some of the edges of the polaroids are a bit too pixel-y, I think. I would love to have your opinions/critique/feedback/whatever you want to call it. Thanks in advance!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 6th 2004#163570 Report
first off, welcome to the boards
second, Please use links for your images instead of posting them in the message.
third, interesting concept, there is a bit of cut out problems on the polaroids but those are and easy fix if you take a little bit more time and really zoom in on the image. Keep it up
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 10th 2004#163677 Report
Not bad. Few comments

1) Everything is to similar. The background is black, the polariods are white, the photographs background is black, and the face is black and white. Maybe introduce some variety with a diff. colors or shades. Try more for a "composition" feel.

2) The photographs are flat, so the inner shadow doesnt make much sense.

3) Photographs are very shiny, so maybe lay some highlights over them to create interest or contrast anyway.

4) The skin is a bit too smooth, so maybe add some light noise to break it up.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 10th 2004#163690 Report
Very nice piece. I see what rodder454 is talking about but I'm not entirely sure I agree. The balck and white serves I think as a counter point to the color in the eyes. If you were to add color else where it would deffinantly take away from the eyes as the focul point. I like that the eye color is a more understated or muted color. Often this sort of images includes Irises that are much more bright and vibrant which would detract from the subdued feeling I think the image as a whole gives off. The black background in the polaroid and outside of the polaroids gives me the feeling of something being revealed that I could not otherwise have seen.

I would try repositioning the polariods a little so that the lines of the face arent quite lined up. Still I dont know if that would be an improvement or not. I'd just play with it and see if I could find a mix that felt better.

Just my opinion
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 31st 2004#164315 Report
hi hi im a new comer too! but neway, that's besides the point...

it shows some meaning. i like it, altho some things can use a little work. you could blur a little bit of the picture. it'll make the image more focused on the subject.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum