TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My First Interface!

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 4th 2004#163490 Report
I know it's pretty standard stuff for u guys in here, but this is my first attempt at a 3D-like interface.

I made a frog theme (don't ask why) and I feel a little stuck. Maybe I need a small body or more small details I don't know. If you have any suggestions please let me know. And also tell me if it looks amateurish or simply ridicilous :-)

Anyway this is my first post in here and here is what I have made so far:

** edit, please check out the FAQ here and use links for your large pics **
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2004#163497 Report
First of all, I think you did a very good job with the effects you're using. But the problem is that you're using those effects. It's very well done - but looks amateurish in the sense that no professional would create an html page like that. It's just too much trouble. You'd have to code it with imageready tables unless you're really good at css, and the page would take forever to load because of the images and rollovers. That type of navigation would work well in Flash, but would be a pain in html. If you really want to do it, go right ahead. Just know that it's not going to be as seamless as you would like.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2004#163503 Report
[QUOTE=random]First of all, I think you did a very good job with the effects you're using. But the problem is that you're using those effects. It's very well done - but looks amateurish in the sense that no professional would create an html page like that. It's just too much trouble. You'd have to code it with imageready tables unless you're really good at css, and the page would take forever to load because of the images and rollovers. That type of navigation would work well in Flash, but would be a pain in html. If you really want to do it, go right ahead. Just know that it's not going to be as seamless as you would like.[/QUOTE]

Thx a lot for your comments. Yes I know it does seem amateurish to use this kind of graphics on a HTML website. My plan was to make it for Flash, but Flash is a little harder than I thought. Maybe I can team up with a flash expert or something. But I totally see your point!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2004#163529 Report
Clean, that is the ultimate word when it comes to a nice and professional looking interface.

Look here, www.iso50.com/iso50.html I consider that site to be one of my favorites. That is a great example of a clean and professional looking website.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 26th 2004#164190 Report
Yes, very nice site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 31st 2004#164317 Report
the link doesnt seem to work...?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum