TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Nyc

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 29th 2004#163343 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 2nd 2004#163451 Report
Mmm, thanks for the comments or any hint that this place has any activity you 63 people who viewed.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 2nd 2004#163453 Report
hey I've been meaning to post about these - kept getting out of my mind. Very nice pics! I like'em Chris.

I like the jersey pic - and love the upper half of the ground zero one.. but the bottom kinda kills it... maybe you could make a panorama-like - cut the bottom...

I know it's crappy when people don;t respond to a nice post....kills the community yeah...sorry again

dude - you're messy! lol@the desk pic
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 3rd 2004#163460 Report
We're not obligated to reply bro. ;)

And I still have trouble figuring out why people want to take pictures of something that used to be there ... it's unreal.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 3rd 2004#163472 Report
this is a crit, and maybe you weren't asking for one.. but you did ask about making better photos, so sorry if this seems unnecessarily harsh:

they lack focus and they lack substance.. i mean, they're vacation photos, they feature you or people you know and/or recognizable landmarks. if you wanted to do a serious job, then you should take time, consider the subject, frame it with intention, experiment with light, point of view (i.e. bird's eye, worm's eye), interesting shapes or textures, etc. just something other than - it looked interesting, so i did a quick snapshot. i understand that that's not always possible, like with the man in your top 3, it had to be quick (capture the moment) and possibly discreet, so fix it up later with cropping, rotation (crooked shots, unless intentional look amateur) - give it purpose, DO something instead of just recording what's there.

an exception: "NYC Skyline / Jersey from our hotel" is my favourite. the exposure is good, the composition is good, the subject matter is interesting (whether or not it was intentional (you can say it was later), i see it as a contrast of skylines - houses/suburban vs. city/urban) and you just did an overall good job on this one. not only is it a beautiful photo aesthetically, there is something interesting about the subject matter.

so, summary: as vacation photos - cool, looks like you had fun; as serious/artistic photos - not much there
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 3rd 2004#163473 Report
Thanks paper, that helped a lot. I understand completely what you meant, the fact is I didn't have time to make them serious photos because I was in a 170 kid group, but thank you VERY much for your insight. I will keep that in mind next time I go serious shooting, that helped a lot.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 7th 2004#163606 Report
I like the snap shot essance of them. Some of those pano shots are pretty nice, I do like them.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum