TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Lost my creativity for the day

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 21st 2001#13981 Report
http://mattboyslim.homestead.com/files/RDI-Print_02a_copy.jpg

This is basically for the more advanced/older folks.

This image is coming after much study on usability and how the eye flows across the page, etc. But my boss wants to make a 4 page glossy brochure-type thing. I'm totally new to the print thing, but I started on this this afternoon, and I used up all my creativity this morning.

What I need is comments on how I could improve the colors/fonts/layout....

You could really ignore the Verdana that I currently have right now. I didn't put ANY thought into it. It's close to 5, and I'm ready to go home. So I just put it there so you would have an idea of where I want to put that.

Be as honest as you feel the need to be. This has got to be impressive, and right now, I cannot do impressive. Nor will I be able to work on this tonight since the g/f doesnt' work, so I won't be able to spend time in front of the computer. So you have until tomorrow morning to make your reply as detailed as possible.

And just so you new folks know, I do not want input on how it looks. I want the more experienced people's help here.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

http://mattboyslim.homestead.com/files/RDI-Print_02a.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2001#13985 Report
sorry matt...no can see...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2001#13988 Report
Oh ****, I was in such a hurry to leave work I didn't double-check the link.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2001#13990 Report
That excuse doesn't help visibility.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 22nd 2001#14004 Report
opacity = 0
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 22nd 2001#14005 Report
The eye diretion thing is right....

But here is where the problem come....the colour.

The way you used the colour hurt the eye (a really bad mistake with older pepoles) Try using a single color for the lines (also the logo if it is possible) But do not use black...use a smothe unagresing color (if I ere you I would pick a nice Tan), Select the color form the pantone Coated palette (if you are new to print you should try to learn a bit about spot color)

You should also retouch the image ....to squary and hard to see.

Good luck
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 22nd 2001#14056 Report
You can see that???

I still can't see it.

And don't worry about the quality. The actual image is CKMY @ 600 ppi. I just saved it as a crappy jpeg so people could get the general idea.

And I'd love to change the logo color, but that is our companies logo, and the color actually matters. I talked the boss about making it a single color, but he don't like that idea.

And yeah, I know that blue is not very appealing. As I said, I was lacking creativity today. But thanks, I will take everything into consideration.

Where are the lines you see that are not 1 color? May just be the jpeg quality.

And if you know of a good article on color spot, point me in the right direction.

And NOA and torn, leave me alone.

EDIT:
Says the image size is -1 bytes!!!.
Beat that everyone!
Woohoo!
I am master of saving images for the web.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 22nd 2001#14075 Report
LOL, if we don't beat you up.....who will?

1 bytes = LMAO!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 22nd 2001#14080 Report
No, it's -1.

That means that it's downloaded before it's downloaded.....errr....

OK, it means that it was downloaded before you even clicked the link. It's a psychic image. Woohoo!, I've invented psychic images.
I'm gonna' be rich.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum