TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My latest photomanip!

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 24th 2004#163187 Report
This is a work I did for my class, the title was 'Visual Poem'

A more detailed description at DeviantArt right...

HERE
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 24th 2004#163188 Report
the thing is...it's not bad..but - it gives more the impression of a white vs black thing - because those are not what a burned light bulb looks like...
but the image itself is not bad - maybe the white guy is too sharp...
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 24th 2004#163189 Report
I like the image itself alot. Looks really cool. 2 things I would change is the little white spot near the "necks" of the black lightbulbs and, like mihai said, the first black bulb is lit up way more then the one behind it. Tone it down a bit maybe, especially the hand.

As for the meaning of it, mihai is right. This is not what a burned out lightbulb would look like. But it's also not what a lit bulb looks like on the front man. I can imagine though that making it more realistic (See through, and only burned at the bottom) wouldn't make the image look as good as it does now. So I don't really have a problem with that.

Last - Without the description I would have never known what it was all about. Looks more like it's good to be poor, or even it's better to be white and poor then to be rich and black. If a description is allowed, it's fine. If your teacher should find the meaning by looking at the image, he might think you're racist or something.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 24th 2004#163198 Report
First of all, thanks for the good criticism. Our teacher has the tendency to be too nice and only bring up the positive things, I like negative criticism better infact

I never thought about the white vs black, never crossed my mind, but now when I look at it, I understand that people might get that impression. That is something I might want to think about a bit.

The meaning with the lightbulbs was not as much about the lightbulb itself, it was just an object to somehow reflect on peoples way of living.

Argh, this is a bit difficult to explain in english, can't find the words I want to.

Anyway, there will be a description about the image, but I think I'll try to change it towards something a bit more clear for the viewer.

More comments are very welcome.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 24th 2004#163199 Report
As far as the meaning it reminded me of the peoplepc commercials where one guy changes color and is talking to others to change them. So I think people see what they want to see.

For the picture. The bulbs seem a little flat. The first burnt one is ok but it would be better if there was some sort of a light reflection of external light on the bulb itself to give it depth.

E
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 25th 2004#163227 Report
The idea behind it... wow, pretty damn good man. I love it, but as others have said, the execution isnt perfect. That is what this forum is about though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 26th 2004#163242 Report
Well it's edited slightly now, I made the bulbs more like burnt bulbs and the shining one a bit more not-so-flat. Tell me what you think about it

CLICK
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum