TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

newyork time sqaure

Page: 1 2 Reply
Nov 20th 2004#163019 Report
when i took a week break to newyork during summer,i snapped few shots and decided to TRY and turn them into a few ideas..
this one was supposed to be like a comic art type pic..
its a month or so old,and i can see a 100 things i think i did wrong lol

picture removed..
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 21st 2004#163037 Report
Wow. What more can I say other than - WOW.

E
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 22nd 2004#163092 Report
You took a picture and put it through a filter. I dont see what you want me to critique here, other than what looks like something overlapping the backround image.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 22nd 2004#163094 Report
I kind of like that filter. Whatever it is. :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 22nd 2004#163099 Report
[QUOTE=Linknisity]You took a picture and put it through a filter. I dont see what you want me to critique here, other than what looks like something overlapping the backround image.[/QUOTE]

er..o k
tell you what,if your finding it hard to "critique"..you could always just say whether you actually like it or not..either way im not bothered,your entitled to your opinion and would be great to have it.

ive come across an element of elitism when it comes to posting pictures in photoshop forums..
almost like scoffing at other peoples work purely because you might think its just too simplistic and not complicated enough to make judgement.
Alternativley,what would be ideal,is to here some advice and pointers instead of the hinting of snobbery and the,"its beneath me" replys..
many thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 22nd 2004#163103 Report
It's obvious. Linknisity doesn't like it and neither do I. Is he wrong when he says that it is just a picture with some filters applied to it? I don't think he is. So what kind of critique should he have given? Use less filters? If you at least would have put a text on there or something, we could have said to move it a bit, or give it some shadow.

If you can't take it if people don't like your work, don't post it here.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 22nd 2004#163105 Report
I think this could be a nice photo... without the filters...
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 22nd 2004#163106 Report
I dunno - I like it... I think... there's stuff bothering me but it's not the filter. I don't like the ghostly roundish shapes - the ver light blue ones - it kinda makes it look like someone forgot a cofee mug and it stained the pic... Other than that I think I would enjoy itmore if it had more of a color. - like - the predominant color seems to be yellow... I'd like to see more yellow and perhaps something to counterbalance it - like red - or blue...but vivid - you know what I mean?

I like the feeling - it makes me think of this japanese film I saw a while ago. it can definitely be improved but I dunno - it's got something pleasant that makes me forget the filterish look...

work some more on it - ...and put a link instead of the actual pic
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 22nd 2004#163110 Report
[QUOTE=3jorn]I think this could be a nice photo... without the filters...[/QUOTE]

Yes, agreed to that
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 22nd 2004#163119 Report
[QUOTE=mihai]I dunno - I like it... I think... there's stuff bothering me but it's not the filter. I don't like the ghostly roundish shapes - the ver light blue ones - it kinda makes it look like someone forgot a cofee mug and it stained the pic... Other than that I think I would enjoy itmore if it had more of a color. - like - the predominant color seems to be yellow... I'd like to see more yellow and perhaps something to counterbalance it - like red - or blue...but vivid - you know what I mean?

I like the feeling - it makes me think of this japanese film I saw a while ago. it can definitely be improved but I dunno - it's got something pleasant that makes me forget the filterish look...

work some more on it - ...and put a link instead of the actual pic[/QUOTE]
thats the kind of reply i was hoping for all along..a helpful one..
and imho thats how you give helpful critique to a learning photoshopper who's eager to move onwards and improve his love of photoart without being remotely snotty..

ive now totally sussed i did the bad thing and posted the pic..
and Geassel,despite your assumption..i can take and have taken critique in everything i do wihtout any problems..
the difference is how you offer advice (if any?)and communicate with people....
i dont need back slapping or telling its wonderful if it clearly isnt..
if the best advice someone gave offer is "i dont like it and neither does my mate" then maybe its pointless posting any reply surely??
but thanks for the comments regardless..ill work harder offline and refrain from posting anymore,because it isnt really working out too fantastic is it lol..
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum