TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Girly Shopping Site

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 20th 2004#163009 Report
I'm almost finished with this website. I thought since most of the graphics work is finished, I would let yous guys see.

ChicSecrets

Regards,
Endat
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 20th 2004#163022 Report
Not bad at all. I would love to see it with all of the content on there. Looks pretty good and I bet you will get alot of girls shoppin on it if you have good stuff for good prices!
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 20th 2004#163023 Report
lol @ the promotion page.

Looking okay, I really don't dig anything about the splash though. :-/
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 20th 2004#163028 Report
sorry, i'm not sure what kind of girls you're targetting or what year you're in, but those colours seem kind of dated.

as much as you want to promote "girly", there are more sophisticated ways of using pink that are less obvious and even suffocating. i think what you want is to be trendy, which, despite not being timeless would be appropriate - what i gather from the mission statement i.e. a bold pink with black/white, or even keep the soft pinks and find interesting/up-to-date colour combos (i'm not sure where you're working from, but the graphics tee trend happening here is a great source for finding colour combos that work).

ok, i found an example:
bang-on t-shirts

it's funny how cheesy they are, and that's what they're trying to get across (they sell retro, 80, early 90s fashions) - they've got bright colours, checkered and animal print patterns, pixel art, 80s style collage - i'm not saying you should be more like them, only that their site is representative of their product.

sorry for the long post, i think i got offended on the part of my sex when you referred to this as a "girly shopping site" and saw what it looked like - wouldn't make me want to shop there
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 25th 2004#163207 Report
Thanks guys. . I'm gonna change the splash screen to some animated flash of the 3d bottle popping its top.

Im not a fan of the color scheme either. But I have to make it the way my client wants, and thats what she wanted. The color scheme wasnt the issue that i wanted to discuss... i already have an opinion on it, sorry I didnt specify.

Endat
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 25th 2004#163219 Report
The splash screen is both useless and naff. It only puts a barrier between the user and their targeted destination, splash screens are invariably for the benefit of the designer and not the user. I am not fond of the image either, not sure but it looks like a badly lit Poser render - also I fail to see the relevance of the image to the content of the site - as far as I could gather from the frontpage, they sell clothes.

The navigation font is cramped and has a slight blur (probably intentional) it needs to breathe some more , perhaps even change the navigation to a side bar (I prefer top but practicality sometimes takes precedence). Make sure that you complete the icons for the navigation, at the moment it looks like a half completed scheme, with only a few of the nav options having them.

Don't use images for the ChicSecrets.com in the main html text. It isn't even a link and screenreaders and text only browsers will ignore it - as will search engines (not a good thing).

If the client wants to choose the colours and is adamant, it is your job to make them see differently, I don't go to my butchers and tell him how to fillet my meat. You are meant to be the one with the skills and taste and at the moment you are letting your clent lead you down a blind alley - be firm and reasonable, explain why the colour choice isnt so ideal, back up your claim with colour theory and proven past cases of firms that use certain colours and why.

Find an image for Poncho and Scarves in the Shop Online section.

No Alt tags on images.

Are you aware of the new legislation on accesibility?

Break the text up into smaller paragraphs on the front page, it is too long across the page at the moment. Think magazine and newspaper columns.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 25th 2004#163229 Report
right
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum