TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Work in Progress

Page: 1 2 Reply
Oct 12th 2004#161278 Report
Hey guys. Its been a while since Ive posted art on this forum. I was messing around today though and I thought id post what I have so far. Its nothing special. I hate how photobucket makes the image smaller...oh well. C&C please.

-Link-
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 12th 2004#161279 Report
You know, i think this looks really good so far. Watch the proportions on the girl/tracks though - looks like she's a bit too small.

Nos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 12th 2004#161280 Report
The girl doesn't really blend into the photo, but again, it is a WIP. Great job and idea for what you have so far. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 12th 2004#161288 Report
she looks way too small. But it's good so far. And i agree with kinetik, you should soften the edges a smidge so that it is better blending.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 12th 2004#161292 Report
Yeah guys, Ill select the girl and blur her border. I didnt want to though because I didnt know if it looked right or not to me. Remember, it was late when I made it :P. Now that I look at it, she does look small.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 14th 2004#161356 Report
Alright guys, I didnt have much time to work on it, but I did fix some of the little things that irritated me about it. Also, I added an extra few things. Tell me what you think.

-New Link-
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 14th 2004#161358 Report
i think that the girl still looks too small because those are some really big sea gulls
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 14th 2004#161360 Report
it's a little washed it. it seems like you're going for that kind of look, but something about the high contrast, and lack of tonal range - there's a lot of lights, but very few darks or even midtones.. just doesn't add up, i don't have any suggestions for this, maybe the tracks/ground are just too harsh for my comfort (personal pref).

the seagulls aren't that important (or should they be more important than the girl? there's some hierarchy confusion here), they seem to take away from the strength of that solitary figure on the tracks. maybe if they were less prominent? and why seagulls, is there some reasoning behind that (just not the type of bird i'd expect in an image like this, or maybe it's just me)?

concept is interesting though (i guess that's why i had so much to say =P it'd be nice to get the formal level up there to compliment the conceptual stuff that's going on). i can read lots of themes in this and there's a nice narrative element too.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 14th 2004#161368 Report
It's tough sometimes to keep in mind the scale of things that you find in photographs unless you have an easily discernible figure, who's size you innately know (a car, a person, etc). In this case, most of us know how big the tracks are, but it's easy to forget. With the girl, however, have a scaling element. There is one problem though. We know that tht girl in the picture (probably 3 or so years old) is not that small in comparison to her placement on on the plane of the image. She could remain at her present size, if she were moved higher, and thus, further away from the viewer. Bear in mind that a train track is roughly the width of your hand. A 3 year old girls foot is about3/4's of that in width. In your present depiction, however, both of her feet, standing at a regular distance apart (as though she were standing on a flat surface) are both touching the rail. What this seems to say is that she is so small, that her stance is no wider than the rail, however we know at the same time that the only way that that's physically possible is if she's the size of a newborn, and she obviously does not look like one.

The seagulls look a little out of place, but only because their scale is off in respect to the girl's current size. If you make the seagulls smaller, and the girl bigger, then you're fine. Also, the grass or reeds in the background again, face the issue of having our eye read them as an element that is not that large. I'd say scale those down as well. You can leave them larger than usual, but I think in their present condition, they look to be the size of trees, and as I said, we al know grass isn't the size of a tree.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum