TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Opening Page Graphic Check....

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 1st 2004#160941 Report
Hi Guys,
Started doing some initial work on my website and came to an opening page...

this is what i have so far and id like some input from ull..

is the site name clear and visible to all???
is it aligned to the right place???

im going to put the enter sign right under the name as well.

tell me what u think the graphic lacks or what needs to be accentuated

cheers
MEL

Graphic : http://images5.fotki.com/v73/photos/1/180210/679148/Background-vi.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2004#160952 Report
Link doesnt work for me :confused:
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2004#160953 Report
i apologize for the inconvenience.. just fixed the problem... was wondering why no one was commenting.. hehe

sry

MEL
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2004#160957 Report
The question here should be, is it necessary? Do you have any extra information that you need to provide to the visitor before they can proceed to your site? Must they have some sort of plug-in (ex. flash) or browser requirement* to view your site? Are you going to direct them to different sites other than your own or show an array or random splashes? If it's just going to be a pretty graphic that a visitor has to click in order to go to site, then it's rather pointless to dwell upon a splash image for long.

Focus on designing and coding the site first, then figure out if you need a pretty wrapping for it. ;)

As for your graphic, the text above "the mlx experience" is kind of hard to read. Oh, and just because it looks good in Photoshop doesn't mean it's always going to look good in a browser window. Try to figure out how you're going to code it so it'll look good. Avoid boxing it and centering it in the middle of the page, that'll just ruin it. Remember, the actual canvas for web sites isn't the PS window.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 2nd 2004#160971 Report
oh i was aware of the fact that the text above the mlx experience isnt readable, its not supposed to be.

as for it being browser ready, im well aware its not... i was asking an opinion on the graphic... color combinations etc.

i still have quite a bit to put on there... the web site is under coding right now and yes there will be a flash and HTML entrance... im still toying with where i want to put the lettering and stuff.. but baby steps to that i want to see if the graphic itself needs work. and no in not going to center it and yes there will be a resolution factor.

sry i didnt clear that in the initial post i was just looking for a graphic check and site name readability.

im trying to tackle this one step at a time and i appreciate all the const. criticisms they do expedite the learning process.

cheers
MEL
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 2nd 2004#161001 Report
the colors are good. The ambiance from this piece is really interesting, as it gives a warm feeling with the combination of the two colors. The blur gives also dreamy effects wich is well done. But I don't know how you could put that as a splash page... I mean, where will you put it and how will you blend it with the rest of the page, if you're not gonna box it? It seems kinda hard to do

maybe with some brushes... (no grungy brushes though, it wouldn't match)

And it looks like your text has something wrong. It looks warped and surrounded by a pixelate border, like it was a low quality jpeg
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 2nd 2004#161005 Report
yeah i went back and reviewed it and saw the same problem... i used a font that i downloaded a while back to do that text.... any recommendations for a better font?

i liked the ambience too but for some reason im thinking of actually trying to make it more light on metal.

any thoughts on fonts that would look nicer?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum