TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Wallpaper

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 20th 2001#13785 Report
I've made sort of a futuristic wallpaper.. can you check it and give me comments?
http://www.ac-zone.f2s.com/wallpaper.gif

thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2001#13802 Report
anyone? :rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2001#13814 Report
I like it a lot. The true test of a wallpaper (in my mind) is if you can look at it partially covered with icons and crap, and you're image does that well. Plus it's visually stimulating. How did you make the "explosion" in the upper left? My guess is that you used the pen tool, stroked it with the airbrush, and then applied some filters. Good work though. I'd use it for my desktop for a little while but I run 1280x1024 and hate ugly zoomed in pixels.

Is it just me or does the triangle thing to the left of "V-DESINE" look on a bit of an angle?

Keep it up dude.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2001#13825 Report
I think it looks great. Reminds me of Gaea from Final Fantasy. I love your use of polygons beneath the explosion. The entire wallpaper has a pleasing feeling to it. I like your use of a grid, it's real subtle but adds texture.

I think the trapezoids next to the text could be a little better, less form-like. they kinda stick out, but not that much. Maybe a different shape, like an oval or triangle would look better. Still, it's not a real big deal, it still looks really good.

The composition of it is very pleasing, the explosion, the polygons, the text, all run perfectly along the 1/3 lines. I love the color blue and your use of it here is very well balanced, it's not "too blue" because you have white and black mixed in.

Overall, really great. Good job, man!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2001#13851 Report
Oh my gaea! Change the font. Please! Nice thingie though. Faint grid- Me likes.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2001#13883 Report
I like the "waves". reminds me of days staring at iTunes visuals for way too long. very nice! one thing i don't like is the noise. it kind of throws the background off a little, adding a wierd contrast to the softness of the waves. it could be, however, that i used to have nightmares that looked exactly like this, so i'm probably biased.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2001#13908 Report
Thanks for all the nice replies! I just picked a font that I liked, maybe I'll change that later on.

well, the explosion thingy is actually really easy...i read it somewhere and i thought: hey.. that's not too hard:P

1) make a strange figure with the polygon lasso tool... just jagged edges and all....make it white color
2) Blur it big time... (10-20 or something, depends on size ofcourse)
3) Distort-Ripple...... 999 MAXIMUM
4) Blur-Radial Blur, Zoom, 100
5) make an overlay map with a completely filled color
that should get you a nice effect........

oh, the noise is just a side effect of using the radial blur.......
just blur it again for about 1 or 2..... this should clear things out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 22nd 2001#14141 Report
very cool......I like the use of color......Nice blues...Also like the grid behind it....Not crazy about the font....would like to see something a little more "techno-ish" to match the design....Great overall feel though!!!

NICE WORK!,

Jim
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum