TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Sunset over bay

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 29th 2004#160835 Report
Hi all,

I took this photo in Anglesey, North Wales. i'm not really a photographer at all, i was just on holiday and got this shot which i rather liked. Please let me know what you all think

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/joelpsmith/Beach12.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 29th 2004#160836 Report
That is a really nice shot!
I like the angle and stuff... it isn't like the standard sunset shots I've seen. Good job.
Too bad the photo isn't a bit sharper, but hey...
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 29th 2004#160850 Report
i know it's sunset, but the flare seems overly bright. next time you could consider changing the exposure to compensate for pointing directly at the sun?

compositionally, it's quite strong. the main elements (big seaweed thing, mountains and gap in the clouds where the sun is) meet up at a point and they also create some shape repetition on the right side, so that's really nice.

the whole thing is kind of busy, there's no main focus, i know technically, it's focused on the seaweed, but the house might have been interesting too since it's the only thing that doesn't have natural/organic texture.

i hope that made sense since you're "not really a photographer at all" =P
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 30th 2004#160872 Report
Thanks for the comments, i think a big downfall was the camera not being up to the job.
Its was a Cannon Ixus V (pretty basic Digital Automatic), it is impossible to change the focus manually and exposure is quite crude as well.

With this shot i was really trying to get good composition, which i think i have achieved well, but to improve further i think q new Camera may be a good investment.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 30th 2004#160877 Report
its really nice I agree with the others abuot sharpness but hey what can ya do :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 8th 2004#161219 Report
Dude, that is crazy. The detail in it is awesome!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum