TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Comments on this logo

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 22nd 2004#160467 Report
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum but i've been worikng with photoshop for quite a while now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/joelpsmith/LogoNewblack.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/joelpsmith/LogoNewwhite.jpg

I have done this logo for a Magazine Distribution company. I was quite happy with it but the client says it is not striking enough.
Please give you're comments and say weather i just stick with it and persueade the client to go with it or start a new design.

*use links to images that **** up the layout of the forum and shrink the file in size too*
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 22nd 2004#160472 Report
thats not really a logo...
how would they print it? First read up on what logos actually are.
This is just a graphic, logos usually have 2 or 3 colors, and not gradients, bevels and stuff like that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 22nd 2004#160480 Report
Try different colours, and a different font, something bold
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 23rd 2004#160517 Report
It's true, this doesn't pass as a logo. It's an interesting modification, but as a logo technically speaking, that's awful.

Logos should be vector based to allow for scaling. As a result, they're often, at heart, simple 2-3 colours at most. It should be straight up -90 degrees - not on a slatn like that. Ditch the yellow stroke and all its effects (as well as all on the black text) and then you'll be entering logo land. right now, this is just a graphic.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 23rd 2004#160518 Report
I was about to point that out too, you need to make that logo vector based. The clients going to be happy with the logo then he's going to try and put it on all types of stuff big and small. He's going to have a real hard time.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 23rd 2004#160521 Report
Thanks for the reply's everyone,
i'm going to try a new design, vector based now. I don't think this design will work very well converted to vector, as all the features will have to go and it will look very plain.
I think it will need a small vector graphic with the company name, i'll post up the results.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 23rd 2004#160524 Report
logos r a religion...

imo good logos have - proportions that make em look graet mini and mostersized aswell.

try to make a - 114p on 80p link from it then a "1000p x 1000p screenfiller" --> if both look like the same logo and maybe the stuff has some point u surely will be on the winnin side.

good logos need work: to design unique and goodlookin stuff i spend days.
and sometimes, after spended lots of work, i just to finish the process by goin back to the first scribbles ive done...
(maybe a good reason y good logos cost good money ;))

and of course a professional logo needs to be "vectorized" for the reasons mentioned above.

minitip: less effect more typo :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum