TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Coloured something...

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 21st 2004#160437 Report
Hi, I coloured this in Photoshop.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/MysticBomber/Bomberman/bmangen.gif

Like it?

(NOTE: I didn't draw that. A friend did.)
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 22nd 2004#160456 Report
looks ok - but i suggest to do the outlines/colourjob in a vectorbased program (FH Illu) - this will add some proffesional look to this good job.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 22nd 2004#160469 Report
its not too bad :/ I kept trying to expand it though because I thought the image had shrunk to fit :D heh.. maybe get the ol' pen tool out and vectorize it, then you'll have something sexy.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 22nd 2004#160476 Report
Yeah I agree, coloring.... good, outline.... not so good. Maybe redraw it with the pen tool like the others suggestion then it will look great
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 22nd 2004#160496 Report
i spended 2 mins and drawed some vectors in fh then i cntrl+c and cntrl+v it in PS

its not this original but should show the difference

http://www.vectory.mybin.biz/help/kamul.jpg

if u want the eps file for illu, PS or FH dl it here:

http://www.vectory.mybin.biz/help/kamul.EPS
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 23rd 2004#160505 Report
Thanks for the comments. ^^

Hey dr.feng, that looks pretty good! How do I install the EPS file?
Also, can you tell me where can I find a tutorial about how to use the pen tool?
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 23rd 2004#160523 Report
[QUOTE=MysticBomber]Thanks for the comments. ^^

Hey dr.feng, that looks pretty good! How do I install the EPS file?
Also, can you tell me where can I find a tutorial about how to use the pen tool?[/QUOTE]

u just need to download it - u can open eps-fileswith nearly any gfx-editor
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 23rd 2004#160553 Report
Mystic, Its a good start. I think id like your work more if you did use a vector based program such as illustrator to do the edges though. It looks pixelated...And no one likes that when they see it. Vectoring it up means mathematically it cant be jagged at all. You should use more shading techniques too, possibly some shadows to go with him too, underneath him.

Overall, Id say it was a good amature picture, but you need to pay more attention to detail. Try drawing more complicated characters too.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 23rd 2004#160559 Report
I used the pen tool to re-draw it.

Which one do you like better? Also, I'd like to know how can I make it look more ''professional'', because the stroke looks kind of thick...
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 29th 2004#160856 Report
The stroke isnt what makes it not look professional...Its the shading and highlights. You can read some tutorials on how to do those things, its too hard to explain in a thread like this. But I would say number 2 looks better overall man. My personal preferance is to have a thicker line around the whole object, then have less thick lines making up the features inside the object. There are many different things you can do though, theres no set way to do anything.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum