TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My first post about the works.

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 18th 2004#160249 Report
Ok these are some of my works. Im just a rookie so C&C's are greatly appreciated.

First of all this is the Art Appreciation Class Flyer I made for my college. Photography by myself. (Istanbul, TURKEY) Click to see the link

And this is something i worked on just for the fun of it. i just wanted it to be kind of unique looking. and again photography by myself. Click to see the link.

Finally, this is kind of the design that i'm thinking about for a future website of my photography... I'm still learning flash so it will take time. To whom it may concern; I took those pics in Istanbul, TURKEY. And the translation in the graphic is: A Dream Summer in Istanbul. Click to see the link.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 20th 2004#160325 Report
Not bad.

1) Not a fan of the title font. It's too thin for that large text, and the white really contrast with the bg, making even more difficult to read. If it were a light green (less saturated, like the bg color 30% lighter) it may work better.

It has nice flow though, with the text following the bridge!

Now I would like to have seen something done with the "360 degree's". One thing that comes to mind, is the 2 lines. They work the same as graph paper....4 quadrants...each being 90 degree's. If you put little tick marks evenly spaced, or maybe some kinda circular element in the middle it might be cool. Though it would have to be tweaked, cause its an "art" flyer, no a math one lol.

2) The positioning...well isn't good. The first thing that draws your eye, is the greatest area of contrast (ie his forehead). So you may be better off putting something horiz. parallel to it. So as your eye glides over to the forehead, you'll also glance at whatevers there (kinda killing 2 birds with one stone). Id suggest your title, as it's the most imformative text element, you'll want it seen first.

Now after you see the forehead, your eye is going to glance down towards the nose and mouth, those being the greatest areas of interest (if you look up, its only black.....). Also the nose and face both suggest a downward direction.

With that in mind, id take your "question" and put it below the horizontal line......moving it vertically. I think horizontally the position is good. Id probably center it in that lower "box" (vertically that is), just for some balance in the image (the head & title would also create balance, where as right now, your composition is weighted to the right).

On the third, well im not a fan of paper.

But overall though...pretty good. The photography (in all) is pretty good too.

Edit: Just for the hell of it, here's an example. For me atleast, this has a smoother kinda complete feel to it. example
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum