TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

A graphic i made as the entry to my site

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 16th 2001#13332 Report
I made this graphic as an entry into my site...I havn't made any part of the site yet, so the graphic is NOT linked. Can somebody please tell me what i did that was good and what i did that wasn't so good... thanks.

:: http://www.freewebz.com/archtix/archtix.htm ::
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2001#13375 Report
you have a nice graphic there, I like the colors you chose a lot. I like the font as well, but in this case it doesn't stand out enough, it gets lost in the background. I would suggest using a font that's thicker and stands out more, or find a way to make your current font more bold.

The green hoop is great, although a little unbalanced on the top. There's more thicker areas on top than the bottom. I know this was probably your intent, but I think the thicker area would look more appealing if it was rotated to the bottom. Otherwise it looks great.

The blue spot fade, I think needs a little work. Try making a bubble-type effect maybe, or just give it some 3D inside edges somehow, so that it matches the outer ring.

Lastly, I like the number sequence you used, and the colored stripes, but they're a little too stripey, I mean feather the edges of them more so that they're more subtle.

I almost wonder if the whole thing would look cooler as an oval instead of a circle. I think it would be worth trying and see if it works. Otherwise, I think it looks great, and with a some of these suggestions incorporated I think it would look even better.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2001#13381 Report
that's a great pic! I think it looks fine just as it is, but even better with cablemotion's adaptations!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2001#13777 Report
cool! i like the blue background ...... and ofcourse the whole thing hehe...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2001#13782 Report
wow, that's impressive...
astonishing ... that black background. SWEET!
j/k
nicegraph i think it looks like a blue and green pizza with no toppings. it' cool
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2001#13898 Report
nice graphic although i agree it will look way better with bolder font :D and cable where did u get the eyes for ur sig? did u make them coz i was looking for eyes for ages to use in a sig , so if u dont mind maybe u tell me or link or whatever
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2001#13937 Report
i also love it, accept for the "archtix" text. i think it's the emboss that doesn't work. use a bolder text or a sharper bevel. otherwise, it looks great!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum