TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Orange Octane v3

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 28th 2004#154415 Report
Here's the 3rd revision of the Orange Octane logo...

Logo #3

Constructive criticism is again very much appreciated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2004#154420 Report
I think it looks good, just drop the gas nozzel in the background and the black box, and it looks clean and professional. I like it :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2004#154424 Report
It's getting a lot better. My comments.

1. Space the type out normally. I think you will get tired of how the type is set right now. Properlly set type is going to withstand time more-so then this.

2. The orange/black is good, but maybe orange/high octance colour will be more striking.

3. I would lose the nozzle in the background as it is just noise and try to make a silohuette with it in one of the letters in "Octane". Try filling in the 'n' and doing it there.

4. Align the tag line with the word "octane" only

5. Make the 'O' in "Orange" and actual orange graphic. It will still read perfect and will be more striking.

6. No shadow

Almost there, looking better and better each time.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2004#154428 Report
Thanks for the comments.

Fusion - that black box was just to give the logo some reference, not part of the design itself, and yes, it's ugly. The nozzle will probably look better integrated into a Web page or brochure I think.

Spectra - I'll try ligthening up the tracking on the font. I just like it tight but long term, you're right, it may not be so appealing.

Not sure I understand your comment on the orange/high octance color.

The nozzle *is* noisy but I question being able to put it in place of the "n" and have it look any good. I'll try it out and see if I can make anything of it.

The tag is aligned with Octane only in one of the my other versions of this logo and I think once the nozzle is gone from the background, this will make the tag even stronger.

I also had an actual Orange for the "O" in one version but had the "r" next to it dripping a black drop that I didn't like so well. The leaves are the leftovers from that orange so I'll give the orange another shot.

The shadow can go once the nozzle is gone from the background. There was too much similarity in contrast between the orange and gray, thus the shadow.

I think I am fairly close to being on the same page as you at this point. Just some more tweaking and I'll have v4 ready to show.

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to comment on this stuff.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2004#154467 Report
Whoa, looking a billion times better. Lose the gas nozzle, it doesn't fit in at all, but I love it. And I agree with spectra, fill inthe full "O" to make an orange and it will catch attention.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum