TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

t-shirt design

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153812 Report
I've been working on this t-shirt design for threadless.com, but there are some things I'm not really sure about. What would look best? What would recieve more votes on threadless?

the design (62kb): http://trhaynes.f2o.org/misc/tshirt-large.gif
t-shirt color possibilities (66kb): http://trhaynes.f2o.org/misc/tshirt-colors.gif

1. Size and positioning. How is the guitar : tree ratio? What about design : shirt? What about the distance of the tree from the guitar?

2. The text. Should it stay or should it go? The people on threadless kinda like things to have a theme, but some don't like text on shirts - makes it kinda corny. Maybe I'll cut out the text and put a highlight there and name it "my roots" (the text on the shirt says "where are your roots?"). That'll please everyone.

3. Color. All through when I was making it, I was thinking about making it a forest green and putting it on a grey shirt. Then of course I had to try out other possibilities - the gold looks good on the dark shirts, but it doesn't have the same earthiness or naturality (of nature?) as the green on grey. What do you think?

Oh and I want any other C&C, too. Any cool ideas I haven't thought of? What do you think very first when you see it? Really think about this one, please; I've taken the time to write an in-depth post, and it'd be nice to see some posts other than "nice" or "i hate it". Thanks. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153823 Report
Man, I love this work. it looks awesome. the guitar/tree ration and the ratio of design to shirt is perfect, don't bother changing that.

The text is a great choice of text, it's very insightful and matches the shirt and theme perfectly. Like I mentioned before, this text gives rise to a bunch of different things; i.e. a guitar for music, or a tree with a paintbrush at the bottom signifiying art, etc. My only dig is that maybe the text will not be visible enough, either on the preview in the jpg or on the actual tshirt. I wouldnt know about the tshirt though. I don't have enough experience in actually printing art onto tangible things

as for the color, the green on gray is absolutely the best choice among the ones you've given. the ones with a yellow guitar suck. I still say give it a shot to make the coloring of the guitar/tree a mahogany sort of pattern, that can totally be done vector.

other than that, awesome job and keep it up, i might actually buy this shirt since it 0wnz j00.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153829 Report
trhaynes, if you acually have these shirts printed, I am extremely interested in purchasing one, I love them!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153830 Report
Sekzy said it all, I think it would be very cool to have some other stuff branching off too.

If you only keep the guitar, I am interested in purchasing one, my friend's b-day is in September and he is really good at guitar. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153834 Report
I want some psychedelic colors!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 20th 2004#153892 Report
Only 4 colors per shirt for threadless. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 25th 2004#154242 Report
Excellent design. Well executed, creative idea. I voted for ya on threadless!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 25th 2004#154243 Report
I want some psychedelic colors!

Take LSD!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 27th 2004#154367 Report
I like the second one the most. Nice work...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum