TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Orange Octane v2

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 18th 2004#153760 Report
Ok guys, here's a revision to the Orange Octane logo and slogan.

Logo v2

I feel like I am at least headed down the right road now, but I am open for more constructive criticism. The first round of comments was really helpful so if anyone has a minute to throw me some more feedback, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153762 Report
Logo still doesn't really push any buttons for me.

I did actually like a couple of the ideas I heard bandied about last time you showed your logo. I thought that a fuel can had some merit (maybe transparent or so that you can see the orange fuel...). The idea of a pop (soda) bottle also tickled my fancy and would make for a fun and energetic logo if you could engineer the soda coming out under pressure. The other idea I thought was OK, was the more literal orange with an octane appendage (exhaust, whatever).

I do really like the slogan/tag-line though, it's short and punchy and relates to your name and business. Good job.

*edit* found another bad point, not overly keen on the font choice of the tag-line and on reflection have you tried it black rather than grey. At the end of the day it's a personal preference so go with what you feel looks more effective, my concern comes with transferability, if its printed on white you have no problem but on other colours the grey will not show as well, whereas if you chose black it can easily be reversed out for a black background. Just a thought.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153763 Report
For me, seeing the word orange be in black text is a bit of a sore spot. Play with the name and the colour. You are basically being handed something with it and you are not taking advantage. I like the font choice, but the tagline font is terrible. Choose something that will not be outdated next week. I think if I were you, I would lose the icon and start building more of a wordmark for your logo. Incorparate the icon or whatever into the word Orange or something. I think it will be so much more effective then some random vector shape stretched into something vaguley representitive of yourself. At least now you have ditched the photoshop effects and crap. Logos like the first one aren't easily recreated at all sizes.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153769 Report
Thanks for the comments guys.

The font on the tagline was meant to look like something you'd find on a carton of orange juice. Thought it should look more playful, if you will, and not so serious like the font for the name.

Spectra - I see where you are going with the logo in the name. I'll fiddle with it and see if I can come up with anything.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153771 Report
Since it's "freshed squeezed"...what do you think of two halves being smashed together with an orange drop coming out the bottom? Just an idea.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153773 Report
Yeah, deker had mentioned a black drop coming out of an orange. I think the most difficult part (for me) would be to draw a convincing rendition of a squeezed orange in Illustrator. I suppose I could squeeze one myself, take a snapshot and trace it, but I fear my Illustrator skills would hinder me.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153781 Report
how about something like "freshly squeased hi energy designs"
I don't know .. gotta make that octane work for you some how!

but it is an improvment
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2004#153984 Report
Orange juice carton changed to look half carton, half gas tank?

Like that the tube for pouring on a gas tank and put it on the carton?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2004#154006 Report
Hmmm... interesting idea. I'll toss it around and see if I can come up with anything that looks decent.

Thanks for the input.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum