TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

improvements needed?

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 13th 2001#12850 Report
hi, i already have a site but it's not so good so i'm taking i down. I've been working on a new site. I already put the front page up which is here and i've been workin on the first page of the site, but that type of setup will be used throughout the site. Anyway, i am making an interface, which u'll see on the left, which eventually have buttons. Before i continue, can i have some tips to help me improve the page?? Thanx
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 13th 2001#12851 Report
woops, i forgot the actual link!! sorry, it's here and this link is for the page i want your critique on. Thanx again!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2001#12923 Report
I like how you did the upper right "cybling", that looks cool. The thing that says Under Contruction is cut out from the rest of the page, it doesn't match exactly. I think scanlines are kinda overused, but they still look nice so I wouldn't say not to use them.

I guess mainly what I'd like to see now is the header graphic and the navigation system, which are both missing. So far though it has a nice look. For some reason the green doesn't work for my eyes, I would try a different color.

So mainly you still need an interface, but as far the first layer, I think it looks nice.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2001#12929 Report
heh i went to your old site on accident...and i'd like to point out:

BIG IMPROVEMENT!!

but like the previous replier, u do use scanlines to much, and the under construction pic does stick out...but the little info about u is neat, nice form on that.

gj

note: if u use flash again, maybe change your loading action thing, i can tell it's jsut tweening scribbles into loading or some what
heh...

gj!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2001#12946 Report
Looks cool man.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2001#13047 Report
Thank you so much! Do you think that i could omit the scanlines, or would that make the green see-through thingy look very boring? Just because, i want to do a flash interface, to replace the left weird looking thingy and i can't get the flash movie to have scan lines! And what color should i use instead of green?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2001#13053 Report
Oh and by the way, that loading thing is actually JavaScript. Basically all it does it waits until the actual page is completely finished loading, and then it turns off. There's not an ounce of Flash there....yet! And have you any feedback about the green interface and scanlines? Also, on my browser, the pic on the left of the screen fits in perfectly with the scanlines, they all join up fine, do they not on your computer?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2001#13093 Report
Scanlines, more scanlines, and then add a few!

Nice, though! I like the upside-down fin thing on the left, the text looks good with it, and the bevel doesn't look cheesy! I like your crystal window, too! I think the center part should become a table so that it can be stretched and stuff.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2001#13129 Report
thanx a million, the center IS in fact going to be the main interface. However, i was just on my friend's computer and i loaded the site. The bevelled weird thing I did was not fitting in with the background scanlines. However, on my computer and this other friend's computer, the scanlines match perfectly with the background, so that it looks as if the pic is part of the background! I can't have some people seeing the fault and others not! What's wrong? I have exactly the same background and yet on SOME computers it's not blending properly. Very annoying :confused: Also, does the green colour not work? Thanx again, write back soon
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2001#13154 Report
No! Not more pointy spike things! lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum