TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

You Tell Me

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 6th 2001#11790 Report
Hey guys
I want to go into Graphic Design after High School andall the colleges that I've looked at (RISD and Parsons Mainly) said that I need a portfolio - so I've got two years and I'm starting. I made up a ficticious business - what do you think of the splash?
Here's the addy:
http://home.dejazzd.com/mikesmith/interactive.gif

THANK YOU!!!!!
Mike Smith
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2001#11792 Report
It's a good start. I think that you could do a few things.

1 - Remove that line that points to stuff. It serves no real purpose and you can do away with it.

2 - Perhaps take out the information and address. Since this will be a splash page for a portfolio, you will have that information in your profile or about section. Also, no need to repeat your url, because people will know ( hopefully ) where they are.

3 - Do away with the motion blur of the capitol I in 'images'

4 - Possibly make the background of that image a tiling background and make it look a little more 'satiny', like bed sheets or something.

I really don't see the need for a splash page, but I have one on my site currently, so go for it =). I guess they tend to work as a type of front cover for a portfolio site. Just a little taste of what you are going to get on the inside. Maybe not try so hard.

Good luck,

A x i o m
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2001#11799 Report
yeah i agree, good start.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum