TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Party Flyer

Page: 1 2 Reply
Sep 1st 2003#119978 Report
Hey.. Me and a few friends are organizing a party. And we are getting 2000 flyers printed out in full color for only $200. HOW NICE! Well anyways below is the link to the flyer. Let me know what you think. Thanks guys.
http://www.umotorize.com/sb.html

Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2003#120058 Report
lol. a back 2 skool party with a semi-nude chic. :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2003#120143 Report
You have much to learn ahead of you, about graphics, about advertising, possibly vocabulary.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2003#120171 Report
hey man its a party..the flyers purpose is to get peoples attention to come..so wut u mean about advertising?
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2003#120194 Report
People would be sold on the fact that there's a bikini-clad chick on the flyer. When they get there, they're most likely going to be looking for the dancers and what not. Better start calling up some girls you know for some favors.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2003#120219 Report
Since people gotta pay to get in and see a hot chick wearing a bikini on the flyer, they'll assume there's gonna be hot chicks there wearing bikinis. Since it's a back to school party I doubt there will be hot chicks with bikinis on and if it were me I would sue for false adverdisement.. But that's not what I was talking about in the first place.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2003#120222 Report
Hmmm, I think his intention was to make an awsome flyer. Had no thoughts of misleading plp. Now when that's a fact, we can tell him what to think about when doin this, eh ?

vocabulary
I agree with pheeble, but also I get that you youngsters speak and spell that way nowadays ;)...just watch MTV.

advertising
I dont think pheeble meant that your flyer was an advertisment, but it really is in a way...You're making an add here in order to get plp to come to that party, to pay to get in...Wich leads us to critic the flyer, with your best at heart...do remember that ;). When luring plp into coming to your party and paying to get in with that flyer, you're practicly promising half nude chic's in there...!!
That's a fact. It's about how the beholder looks upon your flyer, not about your intent with it...

So, take the crit for what it is, a helping hand ...You already paid them ? Have they already been printed ?

Now, I don't think that you'll get sued, giving that you and the lot coming shouldn't be very old, eh ? But you should perhaps lay low and not shout out that you've made the flyers, if there is morons coming, I mean those fighting, tough guy's who think with fists and so on...;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2003#120225 Report
Sorry if my last post made me sound like a dick or whatever but like you I had good intentions. Think ahead to the party, what's it gonna be like? Chicks? Drugs? Massive crowds? Type of music (rave I'm guessing) and use all of those in the advert as kind of a collage with some sort of advertising technique like jump on the bandwagon (everybody's doing it), status (not good enough), etc.. You'll get the picture best if you study other flyers and the party behind those flyers and overall outcome.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2003#120235 Report
So what do you guys suggest I do with it then? Take out the chick and add what? LIke without the chikc it looks very plain because then theres just text and a turntable...... Oh and its gonna be like techno music, some rap and other music... and about the drugs thing... Me and my friends who are organizing this are hiring 3 security guards so whatever they let in will go....Thanks guys and tell me what the flyer needs without the chikc on it. BTW I didn't get them printed yet. But when the flyer is ready I just gotta send the PSD to my bro down the street and he can get them printed within a day depending on how long the plates take to make. Cya
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2003#120242 Report
Are you saying that there is nothing to put on a flyer except for a half-naked chick? Nothing at all? That every single party flyer has a girl on it? Preferably nude or semi-nude? I dont think so.

But getting off that subject - never use three exclamation marks in a row. Whats so special about glow sticks and refreshments? Why do you need to specify where they will be sold? "Glow sticks and refreshments will be sold" is fine but personally, I think that the whole phrase is useless in such big letters. Add it small at the bottom so people don't bring their own drinks, maybe. It's definately not why they'll be coming to the party, though.

"Sorry No Alcohol Permitted" Why are you sorry? It would sound much more professional if you said "this is an alcohol-free event". Put that in relatively small letters in a neutral font at the bottom. It doesn't need to catch anyone's eye. It's just a minor detail.

You also used too many different fonts. I see at least seven. Some of them are nice - some of them are really tacky. I would find a nice font for the main headline ("SBHS Back to School Party") and make that really big...

heck why dont I just outline what I think would look best and then you can decide if you like my ideas? Just a minute.

http://trhaynes.ionichost.com/stuff/party.html

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum