TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

I need a camera, pocket size

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 18th 2004#162954 Report
I am planning to buy a new camera but I have no clue on what to look for. I want to use it when I am going out, so it should be small, but I also want to make beautiful high res pictures whenever I want to at any time. Colors are really important to me, but I presume that to be obvious for every one of you.

I only know about the Canon Ixus, wich looks quite nice as well, but I have no idea if it is really any good. Could any of you please point out what would be the camera I need and what I should look for when reading the specs of a camera. I am willing to spend something between 300 - 500 euros, but if it is 600 and REALLY nice, please tell me to

Thanks in advance.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 19th 2004#162962 Report
Heres a good artical from The ScreenSavers on G4TechTV... might help you out in your decision.
http://www.g4techtv.com/screensavers/features/50240/Review_The_Smallest_5MP_Shooters.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 19th 2004#162977 Report
The things you really want to look for are:
1. How many pixels - If you are looking for 8x10 size prints - do not go below 3Mp
2. Optical Zoom. In my opinion a digital camera is useless without an optical zoom. 3x is the standard I think but I love my 10x. Digital zoom is nice but it produces really grainy pictures.

The Ixus 400 looks pretty cool. I like the fact that there is an optional waterproof case. That is not something you find too often with Digital cameras (at least that I know of)

Personally I am looking for an SLR but they are pretty bulky and pricey. I have used Canon, Fuji and Olympus. Of the 3 I like the Olympus (700uz) the best for it's ability to change the aperture and focus (among many other settings). It has the best settings I have seen on the older style (1-2yrs old) digital cameras. The canon and Fuji are extremely easy to use. The only issue with the Fuji we have is that it chews up batteries like crazy.

As far as the movie function - I try not to use it. It is nice if you have no other choice but make sure you are able to zoom while taking a movie shot. The Olympus can not do this. I do not know if the Ixus can.

Hope that helped.

E
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 19th 2004#162989 Report
Thanks guys!

It seems like the S500 is the same camera as the Ixus500, wich I am leaning to at the moment. All i need now is a couple of people telling me that thiat would be a fine choise. Heres the specs:

http://www.canon.com.au/products/cameras/digital_compact_cameras/digitalixus500_specs.html

Thanks again!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum