TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Chime in! D70 vs. EOS 20D

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Oct 27th 2004#161990 Report
Who makes the actual lenses for each model? I looked in the comparison but didnt see any mentioned. They are both so close in perfermance that perhaps it would be a deciding factor.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 28th 2004#162025 Report
I recently bought an ELAN 7ne with the eye controlled autofocus :D Its pretty damn sweet, and before I bought that I was planning on getting the 10D then news of the 20D came out, I read a bunch of reviews, and needless to say.... someone is on the waiting list and is simply waiting for the UPS man to knock on his door with a shiny new Canon EOS 20D :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 21st 2004#164041 Report
[QUOTE=x_fusiun_x]...someone is on the waiting list and is simply waiting for the UPS man to knock on his door with a shiny new Canon EOS 20D :D[/QUOTE]

So... don't hold out on us man! What do you think of the 20D????
:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 21st 2004#164044 Report
From what I hear it is just plain sick, everything is so flawless on it. Fusiun, whats going on with it? :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 21st 2004#164053 Report
[QUOTE=x_fusiun_x]I recently bought an ELAN 7ne with the eye controlled autofocus :D Its pretty damn sweet, and before I bought that I was planning on getting the 10D then news of the 20D came out, I read a bunch of reviews, and needless to say.... someone is on the waiting list and is simply waiting for the UPS man to knock on his door with a shiny new Canon EOS 20D :D[/QUOTE]

life must be tough....

Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2004#164088 Report
Well guys I hate to say it, but I havent gotten my 20D yet... I was on the waiting list for it, but when the time came that I could finally get one, I didnt have the money because of some unanticipated college expenses, turns out the my "full ride" scholarship got cut down to $250 thanks to the woman in charge of my great state of michigan (dumb biatch). So needless to say I didnt get my 20D.

I am however in the process of saving up for one and should be getting it within the next couple of months if things keep going smoothly at work and stuff. I will let you guys know the moment I get it.

As for my ELAN 7ne... it is simply awesome. It is the best film camera that I have ever owned and to be honest the best camera period, that I have ever owned. I love this thing, and I must say... if I didnt have to buy film all the time, I would be taking pictures everything minute of the day haha. SO... basically when I get my 20D thats what im going to be doing, taking pictures of everything :p (and posting them here of course ;))
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 4th 2005#164449 Report
Hey, great thread. Sorry I've been gone for a while. I was trapped in 15-hour-day-busy -as-hell-land for a few months...

malibu's right - I shoot hundreds of photos a week on my 10D, and I still love it. I had a chance on New Year's Eve to shoot with a 20D, and I love it, too. I want one! - mostly because it's a lot lighter. Most of the time, that won't matter to me, since I primarily shoot on a tripod, but it would be great if you are shooting sports, concerts, etc. (which I plan to do quite a bit this year - hmmmm.....)

Be warned, though - lighter is NOT always better. The 20D seemed light - BUT STURDY - the Canon Digital Rebel, on the other hand, is not sturdy. I have tested it, and so have other people I shoot with - they wish they would've saved up for the 10D. 3 out of 3 of them. One friend of mine also has the D70, and sent it back for repairs after his dumb ass knocked it off a desk. That's not to say my 10D wouldn't do the same, but I'm not stupid enough to put it to the test...

All things considered, you're getting a good camera either way. I'm a Canon guy - so I'm going to stick with it. Why? Because I'm one seriously loyal sucker, but also because my lenses adapt - and good lenses, regardless of the manufacturor, are all really expensive. I've been shooting with Canon for 7 yrs, and my film EOS 650 is still a great backup if I need it - which, I should mention - I haven't.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2006#173739 Report
ha ha

i am going through the same thing

i tried the d70 from a freind

then i tried the 20d from a friend who works for canon

i have to say the 20d to me, takes better pictures. it is more tecnical than th d70

i have a canon g3 that is 4 years old its a great camera but i need something better!

the only thin that i dont like about the 20d id that the view finder on the back is small
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2006#173764 Report
Hey guys. Most of you probably won't remember me, but I've been away for like.. yeah, well ages.. Here's my go on the subject:

I'm a Canon guy, and my friend has the 20D. I really like the body, and it takes some seriously great pictures. I've always used Canon, and unfortunetly I don't know anyone with a Nikon camera, so I've never tried it out besides a little point-and-shoot in a photo-store. Choosing between theese two brands is like heating up the old PC vs. Mac discussion.

Recently a friend of mine wanted to choose between the Canon 350D and the Nikon D50. It's hard to give her advice on this, since once you go for one brand, and invest in all that equipment (that you just _gotta_ have) you're gonna loose a great deal of money if you ever change your mind.

In this situation, I would go for Canon. But this isn't based on anything technical really - it's just my "gut-feeling". I like Canon and their sexy L-series of lenses. But the D70 is a great camera too. And from what I can tell you get more control with this, especially if you're gonna use an external flash.

Tried going to a store, and trying both cameras out? The "feeling" has to be right too :]
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2006#173795 Report
I'm a Canon man myself. I love my EOS 20D and wouldn't trade it for anything (other than the 1D :p)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum