TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Non-digital

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 20th 2004#161544 Report
hey fellas, i was just wondering how many of you guys are into film photography? i like photography and cant afford a digital, but i like my film camera. Was just wondering if anybody else is into film and how you go about it now that all this digital stuff is around?
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 20th 2004#161581 Report
I have a digital camera that kicks ass, but I still enjoy taking pictures with my old Pentax K2. I'm taking a class this semester and started doing B&W photography with it. I learned to develop them and I have to say I really like it.

I like both ways, even though digital photography is so usefull compared to film photography.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 20th 2004#161584 Report
Yeah I shoot non-digital as well. I have my digital cam with me all the time, if I see something I really like... I sometimes go back with the analog one. I wish I had a scanner though, so I could scan in a few. I might borrow a scanner of a friend soon, so than I can show you some photos... Its just too bad its rather expensive to get your film developed and all that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 20th 2004#161590 Report
i studied traditional photography for awhile and it just got me to appreciate more subtle things, like paper quality, film grain, even understanding how light falls on the film (in the camera), or on the paper (with an enlarger) and using that to find/imagine photo-worthy subject matter.

i pay a lab fee for access to darkroom/chemicals/etc., so i can process everything myself for a little more control (vs. giving it to a commecial lab). it's tedious and time-consuming work, but rewarding =)

i work digitally sometimes, but i just don't have a good digital camera. i use it for screen work and not print, i guess i'm little old-fashioned, but the prints just don't look (feel?) as good, esp. black and white.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum