TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Not Digital Camera question...

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 10th 2004#155335 Report
I am a complete noob when it comes to pictures, but we have a Canon Rebel-ti - non-digital. When we take photos at night with the flash they come out grainy. Do any of the photo pros here know what causes that?

Cheers...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 11th 2004#155367 Report
If you take night photos with a high ISO film (like 400 or even 800) the pictures will come out a bit grainy... it's the bad part of those films even if they're better with low light.

To get rid of the noise, you have to take pictures with 100 or 200 ISO, but then again it's gonna be harder to get good pictures without them being too dark.

It might not be your problem though, I'm just guessing.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 14th 2004#155538 Report
OncleSam is on the right track - start by using a tripod, set your ISO to a lower speed like 100 or 200, and preview them then. If you don't use a tripod, you'll have blurry photos.

Unfortunately, this is a downside of shooting digital. Try searching google for techniques on removing "noise" from photos. There are a lot of different ways, none are great, but some can help your image out quite a bit.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 14th 2004#155542 Report
Nah he's not talking about digital cameras, but it's about just the same... even though digital cameras seem better for night photos.

If you can set the shutter speed on your camera, get yourself a tripod and set the shutter speed for a long exposure (depending how much luminosity you have). With a 200 ISO film, you should be fine to take some great photos, you just need to experiment. Unfortunately it's not like digital cameras, you gotta pay to see what they look like, heh.

And if you only have a simple camera without the option to change the shutter speed or aperture (compact camera), well then I can't help you much :/
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 14th 2004#155548 Report
Ah thanks... I need to read a bit more about this camera... Its the Canon TI Rebel, so its got a lot of options, but wish it was digital myself =\ ...

Thanks for the heads up...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum