TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

quit the racket -- cut the noise.

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 7th 2004#152638 Report
How do you guys prevent your night/low-light shots from getting so damn noisy. it's more speckled than pipi longstalking's face!!! cripes.

i got a coolpix3100...any tips appreciated.

oh, for night shots, it's already pretty hard to keep it still enough to avoid blur, but i'm just using the presets. For the manual setting, there's not much to fiddle w/ as far as i know. but...any tips?

thx
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2004#152640 Report
I don't know what settings you can change with that camera... but here are a few tips.

of course you should use a tripod when taking night shots, but laying the camera on like a garbage can and then using the self timer can work too. But really, invest in a tripod, you could buy one for around 25 dollar or something.

Settings:

try to keep the ISO as low as possible, i don't know if you can even change the ISO on your cam, but anyway. If you could set it at 50, do so!
100 works too. This will reduce the grain.

Shutter speed:
Once again, if you can control this... try to set it at 2 seconds and then hold the camera REALLY still (tripod!) and take shots.

If you can, play around with the aperture too!

good luck!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum