TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

going on trip -- what the hell should i do?!

Page: 1 Reply
May 21st 2004#151084 Report
i'm gonna be away for 6 wks, and i plan to take pictures. the problem is i dont know how to store all these pictures. i currently have a 256mb memory card. Normally at home I upload every 1-3 days. I do not have a laptop and no access to any computer where I could install my camera drivers etc. What is the most convenient (and hopefully cheapest) solution? Possible alternatives/tips are helpful too!

Thanks

oh, "I use a coolpix3100". my personal endorsement.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2004#151092 Report
well......where are you going to stay/sleep for 6 weeks? Is it possible to actually bring your computer there with you? You probably wont have internet access.....but you'll still have everything else..all you need is to plug it in.

Other than that....i guess doubling up on your cards would be the best solution. or maybe buy a huge card ( a nice one-giger).

Maybe you could lower the quality a bit?? maybe instead off like a SHQ or a tiff you could just have HQ? Lowering would probably double the amount of pics (and on a 256.....that'd be a decent amount).
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2004#151093 Report
I know there are some external sollutions - they lool like a harddrive...they are a harddrive actually - stuff like this

I know there are better ones out there - all you need to do is look for them - it's just a thing I found real fast.

6 weeks? Lucky dog :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 2nd 2004#152219 Report
thanks mihai, i searched much, but many didn't even have a HDD...actually i dont think any did. and i dont think i would've had much future use for it, so i decided on a 512 CompactFlash card...

my question now is:
i just bought one, a lexar 4X 512MB at CompUSA w/a $30 mail-in rebate. my concern is whether the 4x is prehistorically slow. Do the stages of evolution progress quicker than the save-time of this card? dpreview said lexar doesn't state whether the "X" is a read, or write time...SO...i was hoping you guru's would maybe clue me in on what to really look for...

and, of course, should i keep it or not.

thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2004#152378 Report
*bump* 4x too slow? all Good?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum