TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

The best in digital photgraphy

Page: 1 2 Reply
Nov 23rd 2002#79580 Report
Who is the best in digital photography, that is which company??

The reason I ask this is I will soon be leaving the country to go teach over seas in China and will be purchasing a camera while there. Since i will be making very nice money I will be looking to invest a great deal of money, but I know that in technology that the best product doesn't necessarily have the best price. What's your opinion guy and gals??

I would be looking a 4+mp camera just to help you all out a little.

Thanks

Gerald Karasiewicz
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 23rd 2002#79588 Report
I would say Nikon.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 23rd 2002#79599 Report
I have a sony and I'm pretty happy with it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 23rd 2002#79613 Report
PCs are better.......

:D lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 23rd 2002#79667 Report
do some reading at http://www.dpreview.com/ they have some of the most detailed and in-depth reviews i've ever seen for any product or service ever. It's insane how detailed they are.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 30th 2002#80452 Report
Originally posted by deker
do some reading at http://www.dpreview.com/ they have some of the most detailed and in-depth reviews i've ever seen for any product or service ever. It's insane how detailed they are.

The reference for everybody who's gonna buy a digicam. What are the best brands for (digital) photography ? I would say Nikon and Canon.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 30th 2002#80486 Report
it's definitely Nikon. no doubt about that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 30th 2002#80513 Report
Probably its a combination of many factors but I would also be sure to look at a model with a quality lens manafacturer, you can argue the toss all day but Zeiss are the daddys in that department, so if it doesn't have a Zeiss lens then don't consider it
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 1st 2002#80636 Report
Kayflash: Nikon and Canon are hands down the best. Kodak and Fuji are "okay', Sony's are just toys. dpreview.com is deffinately the place to go for good reviews.

Don't get caught in the "megapixel myth" - just because a camera has "more" megapixels does NOT mean it will somehow take better pictures. The internal algorithms in the camera as well as the lens will have a LOT more to do with the quality of your images than will megapixels. I have a Nikon D1H which is only a 2.62 megapixel camera. However, I have enlarged to 13x19 and can't tell the difference between that and medium format film - it really is that good. Unless you're planning on enlarging to billboard size, megapixels really don't mean much.

Almost ANY camera today will have plenty of pixels. So shop for a quality camera from a quality manufacturer you can afford, rather than shopping for megapixels.

thehermit: I'd take Nikon or Canon glass over Zeiss any day.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 1st 2002#80664 Report
I was actually looking at a Nikon D1X/D1H. Now my question to you, dgl, is this. What do you use your camera for? Are you a professional photographer?

You see this will be my first personal SLR camera(digital or film). Now I am one of those people who when buying things that I always want the best. Would these two cameras be considered two of the best?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum