TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Digital Camera Moire

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 12th 2002#78053 Report
Is there a good technique to remove or prevent a moiré pattern from a digital camera capture? I work for a small real estate newspaper and lately the majority of images we have received from Agents have been unretouched jpeg files from digital cameras. In many of them we are seeing a distinct moiré pattern, usually where the repeated geometric patterns in the design of the house exist. Typically this is usually the roof tiles, or siding of the house. I have tried to remove the moiré in PhotoShop using the filter>noise>deskpeckle, the filter>blur>gaussian blur and the filter>noise>median, and Katrin Eismann's LAB method all with limited and unsatisfactory results. Any suggestion?
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 12th 2002#78080 Report
Ckeck out these 2 plug-in, they make a good job a reducing grain and digital grain (There is no way to v=completely remove it)

www.visinf.com
www.camerabits.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 13th 2002#78240 Report
you're almost there ......with the gaussian blur then after that i would use some Unsharp mask

i have yet to see a digital capture that did not need some type of Unsharp mask......so give it a try :o)

AWolf
A+,MCSE,Network+
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 27th 2002#80057 Report
Digital Moire is very hard to retouch out and almost impossible if the area has detail in it you want to keep. Have your photographers take more than one shot. If they are hand holding the camera, then each shot will be tilted slightly different from the next one. The moire pattern may not appear in the same spot. Then cut and past parts of each to make one good one.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 27th 2002#80095 Report
I create marketing tear sheets and brochures for high pricetag real estate and I know all to well the problems you're having.

The best answer is to make sure the image is as high-resolution as possible.

Failing that, I've had good luck using the "Equalizer" plugin from KPT6. In case you're unfamiliar with this, it is a discresionary image sharpener, that splits images into "channels" based on different ranges of image feature resolution, which can then be sharpened and blurred independently.. It's kind of tough to describe, but can work woders that Photoshop's USM can't touch. Highly recommended.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 28th 2002#80155 Report
Utopian23,
Do you have a website for KPT6?
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 28th 2002#80228 Report
Surlyb...

Just do a google search, or have a look at any computer catalog...Try http://www.pubperfect.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 10th 2002#81732 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2002#82036 Report
I highly recommend the Eye Fidelity Tools plugin by DVP. It is the best I've tried. You can remove moire and enhance the colors at the same time. Here's a website with a demo.

http://www.freephotoshop.com/html/dvp_technologies.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum