TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Your cameras

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Oct 5th 2002#72345 Report
I got a Canon Powershot G1 (3.4MP, 3x optical zoom) ... but I'm waiting for my new second camera ... a Nikon Coolpix 5700 (5.2MP, 8x optical zoom) ... it could arrive any minute

The Canon has 2x 160Mb CF cards and I will be using 1x 512Mb CF card with the Nikon. To empty my cards in the field I use an X-drive with 40Gb onboard.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 5th 2002#72362 Report
Originally posted by Catscratch
I'm waiting for my new second camera ... a Nikon Coolpix 5700 (5.2MP, 8x optical zoom) ... it could arrive any minute

:eek: I never use these little icons, but this is worth it..

You're *GETTING* the 5700? You're going to have to post your review and thoughts on it when you've played with it for a while. It looks so awesome. I've heard great things from people who have played with pre-production models. You're going to have fun with that thing!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 6th 2002#72413 Report
I'm gettin' the cool p[ix 5300:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 6th 2002#72524 Report
Originally posted by GiottoFace

:eek: I never use these little icons, but this is worth it..

You're *GETTING* the 5700? You're going to have to post your review and thoughts on it when you've played with it for a while. It looks so awesome. I've heard great things from people who have played with pre-production models. You're going to have fun with that thing!

Been reading the manual the whole day (180 pages). Macro abilties are GREAT!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 6th 2002#72569 Report
I'm very happy with my Sony. In comparison, same price category I liked it better than the rest. And what do you mean it's not universal?
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 8th 2002#72915 Report
hey joe
I've been reading reviews on the sony, and a couple nikon's
and anyway
I guess the batteries don't last very long in the nikon, but they seem to last quite long in the sony :P
and Ithink the sony and the price difference isn't that much..
anyway friday I'll tell you what I get
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 8th 2002#72917 Report
Catscratch. Its been several days, and I know you've been doing little else than taking pics with your new camera, so I'm still wanting to hear your thoughts... And why havne't ya posted pics yet?! I mean its been like *2* days! heh, i'm just jealous of the fun you're no doubt having. take care
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 8th 2002#72926 Report
jake, i'm not talking about prices or battery life, i'm talking about compatibility and price of the MEDIA. compact flash is able to be read on PC's with the little attachment, they're able to be put inside certain PDAs to see pictures, as well as can be used to store other information with other peripherals. With Sony's media, you can't do that, the only thing that their media does is be read in by a Sony Vaio, that's their special purpose. Another thing, Nikon SPECIALIZES in cameras, i would honestly think that Nikon would have more features as well as the better quality product. Just my 2 cents on your situation. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 8th 2002#72936 Report
What's a sony Sony Vaio? I'm able to read what's on my camera with my PC, I don't need anything special to do that... Maybe I didn't understand what you said.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 8th 2002#72937 Report
I'm talking about Sony's Media used for their cameras. You can only use Sony media with their cameras, nothing else. With Compact Flash or Smart Media, you are able to use those inside camera, PDAs, among other peripherals and you can even buy something which reads in compact lfash or smart media right from the card itself.

With Sony's media, you can't do that, it can only be used with other Sony products, like a Sony Vaio or a Sony manufactured PDA. So Compact Flash and Smart Media are able to be used in ALL products supporting them (which is 99% of computer products using this type of media for storage) whether they be Canon, Kodak, Nikon, Hewlett Packard, etc.

Personally, I would want something that's more compaible to be read with just the media, than that, because you never know when you might need that type of card and don't have it. Plus if you know someone who has a camera, and they don't have anymore space or forgot their card, or have a better camera, you can store them on YOUR media, and it's interchangeable so you can put it right back in your camera and use it like nothing happend. I don't know, this is really just an opinion thing. Have fun with whatever one you get. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum