TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Newbie Wars *Lesson 1*

Page: 1 Reply
May 25th 2002#49901 Report
Your first lesson, faithful ones, is: Making good selections

Here is one of Pank's best tutorials on selection techniques

http://www.teamphotoshop.com/photoshop/tutorials/techniques/selecting/selecting.php

There are a couple of other tutorials as well, please look through all of them.

Take the full length photo of yourself (or other alternatives if such a horrific image is not available, re: thread in challenge arena), and apply the techniques in Pank's tutorial. I suggest you work @ 300 ppi if your system can handle it, 150 minimum.

Selection is a basic and often rushed aspect of Photoshop work. I've seen some Pixel War posts in recent history that have been very bad examples of "selection".

Post your work in your individual "folders" here in the active challenges. Critiques and suggestions for improvement will hopefully be offered up by people with more experience than me! You will have your individual folders UNTIL the final challenge when all your final works will be posted together for judging.

Post any questions in the Challenge arena thread so everyone will be copied with a notify. If anyone else wants to join in while were in the beginning week, pm or email me and I'll add a folder for you.

~Dan
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2002#49911 Report
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum