TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

TPS Challenge 6: Alias Cipher vs. Czak (complete)

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Feb 7th 2002#29913 Report
Czak

Good composition. The "fire" has gotta be some filter, but its a nifty looking filter anyway.

Alias's shortness of time shows through very well here. An overlayed crhomed layer with some extra doo-dads on it just doesn't cut it for the competition Czak gave.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2002#29914 Report
i guess i saw this coming alrdy since i had little time

so um nice job yo but that damn wrench

i see no wrench in urs?

hahaha......j/p

u hate that wrench hahahah

i tried to cut it out in the little time i had but was unsuccessful so congratulations man u too good for me im newb hahaha

so peace out yo
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2002#29917 Report
it seems like ur pix aint even the original man

haha

its has more land than mines and it has no area where u cut the wrench out or whateva u did with it but it doesnt look like the original

i mean com on look at the diff.

i aint accusing of n e thing yet but maybe later

oh well its just how i am im not use to losing or sumthing like that

but geez thats a diff. pix at least i think it is so um good job i guess

peace out
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2002#29918 Report
Yeah I wasn't fond of that wrench.

I got rid of the wrench by.cutting the globe out of the background and pasting it twice, the second time rotated 180 degrees. Then I erased the bit of the wrench that was on the globe on both layers. Thats why the only continent that looks right is north america. Which you'll see mirrored on the bottom right corner of the globe.

The fire is just the wave filter applied to the globe, and then fading the effect with screen. Like http://www.stridingstudio.com/tutorials/exclusivetech.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2002#29919 Report
Ahhh. I C. Yeah, it "looked" like a bit of the wave filter, but you did a good job of covering that up so that I couldn't quite make it out. Best thing to do when using filters. Make 'em not look like blatant filters.

(oh, and I know this will probably get deleted, but I'm adding this comment in to reply. delete away if ya want)
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2002#29920 Report
Alias, the whole picture is made from the original, I did very little actual painting (err mousing?). I just used grungey techniques to change the image into the background, the frame, the fire etc..

No worries, MrBogus, I think using the thread to discuss the merits/flaws of a picture falls within reasonable use.

I certainly would like the comments, help me improve.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2002#29932 Report
Czak

It looks great !
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2002#29941 Report
Czak,

nice manipulation!
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2002#29945 Report
dont worry bout me man im just newb my thoughts mean nothing compared to urs czan

my bad for the mistake man but u knoe its u got better strats than me so great job man.

peace out
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2002#29949 Report
No worries, just keep doing these challenges and practising. Photoshop has a high learning curve, in a month or two you'll be pumping out all sorts of kick ass stuff.

And quit it with the newb, and great, and thoughts meaning nothing, stuff. If you fawn at people, they'll walk all over you and view you with contempt. You have to act with dignity my friend. You only need to bow and scrape to one person in this world, and that's Queen Elizabeth.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum