TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Anyone anyone?

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54585 Report
I would like to get challenged....So..Anyone, please challenge me. i don't care what it is...as long as it's not this grunge crap
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54613 Report
ok...not me for one, and u come in here with your first post as a challenge? sorry that just bothers me
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54614 Report
locomotive or something, read the rules of these pixel wars...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54615 Report
perhaps post some of your art work, so we can see what you got first, and maybe read some of the rules too
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54630 Report
It doesn't say I can't make challenges only have 1 post, or that my first post can't be a challenge. Perhaps you guys should reread them? It says that "votes from people with 1 or 2 posts" won't count. However, I'll be happy to post some of my stuff. I must warn you though, I haven't made anything new in about 3 years.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54658 Report
read the new rules, just for you...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54672 Report
Ok...I'm not going to argue, but isn't that kind of silly? I mean seriously, what is the point? What difference does it make if I have 2 posts or 300? Does that make me any better at photoshop?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2002#54674 Report
Ok for the sake of starting me on the road to postings and such, I have posted a couple of my images in the DigitalArts area if you are interested.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 24th 2002#54711 Report
There are several reasons we don't want people that just joined to challenge...

1. We don't know you... We've never seen your work. Most people will not challenge someone if they have never seen their work. An experienced person does not want to challenge a newbie, and a newbie does not want to challenge a veteran.

2.It ends up causing total chaos in the challenge forum, with duplicated posts, and spamming because generally new people are not used to the way we do things here. Some other forums are much less strict and let people spam the board, make duplicate posts, etc. That is not tolerated here, and it takes a while for people to become civilized and realize that. So setting a limit on posts makes them stick around a while and learn how things work before they jump in and challenge people.

3. People with only 1 post may just come in here and post a challenge, then disappear after the mods put a lot of time and energy into making a good challenge. When they have a few posts under their belt and a little investment in their time, they are usually more likely to stick around and finish a challenge.

4. It's the rules.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 24th 2002#54727 Report
A delightful and much appreciated response. Thank you very much. It does make sense when put in that way, and I'm sorry if I ruffled any feathers. However with such ambigous replies that seemed to be snobish, I hope you could understand my initial response. Thank you again for the clarification, and I will try to invest a little time and experience before asking for a challenge.
Lompoc42
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum