TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Me vs. ???? I'm calling you out...

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 22nd 2002#27881 Report
If you wanna have a go, send notice to my My email address, requesting the PSD file, which I've just finished. Please put: "PSD Challenge" in the subject line of your email, or it will be automatically routed to my trash.

Since there seems to be a bit of chaos going on regarding what the rules should be and who should decide on them, and since it seems that all the hesitant bystanders want to see something....ANYTHING happen with this, I'll get it started.

Please read and understand everything below. If you don't want to follow the rules I've set out, don't email me.

The title of this volley is "Light, Particle and/or Wave". The changes to the image should reflect what that title suggests to you, and should be reasonably kept within that theme.

• The image is 500 X 500 pixels, full color RGB (of course this doesn't mean that you can't work with fewer colors or even grayscale, but they must be kept at 24 bit), and the images throughout the exchange will keep those parameters.

• We'll exchange fully-layered PSD files, but they must not exceed 2 MB in size. If they grow larger than that as we build them, we must choose to merge layers so the files sent back and forth via email are kept under 2MB.

• Work will be done within 24 hours. After the work is finished, save the image out as a JPEG, keeping it below 50KB, and post it in the appropriate "Active Challenges" thread (which I'll start in just a minute). Then, we will immediately send the layered PSD file to the other person.

• Work is to be done using only Photoshop, and any plugins we want. Photos may be used...please make a strong effort to not use photos or illustrations done by someone else. We both must be on our honor to not use Illustrator nor any 3D apps...I respect integrity, and I'll not break these promises. Photoshop only. Your own work only. In other words...don't be a dick.

• Feel free to offer any explanation if the imagery doesn't seem to obviously represent keeping with the title of the project...or feel free to not say anything at all when you post your updated JPEG.

Since I have started this, I say that we go back and forth, 3 times. I have started, so that counts as my first of 3. My challenger's first return (first altered JPEG in the thread in the "Active Challenges" section...see below) will count as their first, and will end with my opponents 3rd alteration. At the end, we will have posted a total of 6 images...3 each.

I'll wait 24 hours after I post this message. I will then send the PSD file to all who have emailed me. Then, immediately after sending out the PSD file I'll start a thread in the "Active Challenges" area, posting a JPEG of the starting image. Whoever first adds an altered JPEG below that shall be considered the active challenger, and all others will be requested to not post any images in that thread.

That's about it. Let the emails fly!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 22nd 2002#27985 Report
The rules are up and all of the bitching posts are gone... If this challenge is still going on let us know and we can set up an area in the "active challenges" section...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 26th 2002#28434 Report
Boy, I hope U23 didn't forfeit his first challenge....

Isn't the 48 hours already up? Hmmmmmmmm?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 26th 2002#28436 Report
I think he just extended it because of the new setup...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 26th 2002#28438 Report
it hasnt been 48 hours yet.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 26th 2002#28445 Report
Heh heh....

With my crappy dial-up, it takes most of those 48 hours just to download or send a fat layered file. :D

Seriously though....48 hours is better....it never dawned on me how tough it might be to fit this in to my schedule.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 26th 2002#28446 Report
I'm just impatient to see you strut yo' stuff!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 29th 2002#28787 Report

/me taps the mouse anxiously waiting to see what the heck U23 is going to do next (trying not to glance at his watch).
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 1st 2002#29027 Report
OK. So what's going on with the U23 vs. Deker match?

Its really odd to me as I don't quite understand its rules, but I haven't seen a new pic from U23 for days now. Is dek the winner?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum