TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Show Extras?

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 19th 2002#53897 Report
Some how Show Extras was set to show up everytime I start a new project.

Any way I can set it so it no longer automatically pops up against my will? I know its only a small segment of the workspace, but I find it very annoying.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2002#55653 Report
The Extras are non-printing helpers that you view within the document window. They may be the guides (the straight lines you drag from the ruler), or they could be slice edges, or the marquee that displays the edges of a selection, etc.. They're all very useful, but can be distracting at certain times. It's best to use the Photoshop 6.0 and later shortcut to Show/ Hide the Extras. It's Command/ Control - H. Before 6.0, each "extra" had a separate shortcut to show/hide. There's a lot more extras now.

Once you hide the Extras, you can open or create new documents and extras will stay hidden until you press Command/ Control - H again. If you quit & restart Photoshop the Extras default to being shown. I think that's for the best, and I know of no way to change it. Just memorize the keyboard shortcut.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum