TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

IFRAMES in Dreamweaver

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 2nd 2002#56182 Report
Why are they so damn hard to align?

I try putting them in tables, I try putting them in layout cells. They are still offline and insanely hard to straighten.

With tables, if you move one little line it screws the whole thing up. With layout cells, it's nearly impossible to get them online.

I need help with the techniques. The way I get by now is by guessing and checking. It's really tedious and I've gotten tired of it.

What's an easy way to set up iframes? And what view do you have to be in (layout/standard)

any help would be nice.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2002#56185 Report
Well, since I don´t own any WYSIWYGs, and all I´ve got is notepad and PS...
I use to draw the layout, slice it up, let IR do the dirtyWork, then I open it up, view source, delete the pieces of source where the iframes are supposed to go,
keep the height/width´s, and replace the [img´s with [iframe´s... Does it make any sense? :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2002#56186 Report
if you put them in using something like notepad its easier to do it then once you have it in just make sure you have all the colspan crap and if you want you can go in and edit the final product with dreamweaver to adjust the cells and whatever
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2002#56189 Report
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PaavoPerkele
[B]Well, since I don´t own any WYSIWYGs, and all I´ve got is notepad and PS...
I use to draw the layout, slice it up, let IR do the dirtyWork, then I open it up, view source, delete the pieces of source where the iframes are supposed to go,
keep the height/width´s, and replace the [img´s with [iframe´s... Does it make any sense? :D [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah that makes a lot of sense. I don't know if I'll be able to do it though.

I have no idea how to save files after I slice them in IR. Do I do 'save optimized as'? or what.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2002#56204 Report
why do you want to use IFrames?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2002#56263 Report
cause. no really just because they fit in with the layout thing I am using and they're really easy to update. Just for text.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2002#56888 Report
Save for web->Okay or you can play around with the output settings.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2002#56947 Report
paavo helped me with this one, i couldnt align them either, cut a slice out an image where you want the iframe, then just take the chunk out and put the right sized iframe in, pwned, thx again paav :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2002#56995 Report
yeah. I get queezy thinking about dealing with slices. I will until I sit down and learn all about that stuff. That will be in a year or so.

right now I can't be bothered with slices anymore. I just highlight the part of the background image(in ps) where i want the iframe. Then I copy it. File--new--default. paste it in there and I find out the pixel size(cause when you have something copied and make a new file it automatically puts the pixels at what the image size is...genius). Then I just place the iframe wherever.

I know you're way is probably easier but I don't feel like learning it yet.

I've learned to deal with the allignment issues for now.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2002#57003 Report
i have always wanted to know how to make an iframe in GoLive........
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum