TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Splashes & Flashes & Menus

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 28th 2002#55611 Report
Please help me I'm new to PS and I always see these cool titlepages and splahes and stuff on sites, like the splashes at the start of this one and the menus are cool to are these made from scratch and how?? what software is needed please help??
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2002#55645 Report
lol, wow, very early starter.

To do animation at all on the web, all those animated menus and intros etc is done on a program called 'Flash', made by macromedia. Visit http://www.macromedia.com to find out more. For the splashes, well, you can just about use any program, photoshop usually...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2002#55818 Report
So all these are just photos that are manipulated on FLASH ,what about all the fancy sqiggles ,lines patterns etc in the bground of these are they drawn from scratch and which program? THANX
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2002#55823 Report
erm..do you have an example there? Go to my links section, is this what you mean?...http://www.cyblingdesign.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2002#56266 Report
NO cybling, I mean like you see a title splash, and in the bground are cool 3d shapes& patterns and stuff, like futuristic buttons & stuff, you know what I mean? are these drawn from scratch & How did you draw your splashes on your site, like the hand & the teamPS symbol, are these drawn from scratch on Paintshop or something...PLEASE explain??? even I,ve seen these futuristic chrome & silver borders with flashing lights & stuff ,HOW THE HELL CAN YOU JUST DRAW THAT ,add the colors they sre so realistic,I can draw anything on paper, but I want to get into web design ,HOW to DRAW it on my Computer?? I hav FLASH 5, Dreamweaver 4, firworks 4,photoshop 5,but upgrading to 7 soon, UleaD COOL3D, GIF ANIMATOR 5! i HAVE BOOKS ON flash 5 & dREAMWEAVER4, but thay don't xplain what I need to know, HOW THE HECK DO you draw these titlepages, with the freehand option??or what ?? basically I need some basic tips, should I read books or what ? HOW DID YOU LEARN??? thanx heaps any info would be appretiated, I know I've raved on but it's frustating me I can't get started! If you can help me please! post it here or send me email I NEED SUM TIPS BAD: [email]cybapymp@hotmail.com[/email]
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2002#56274 Report
OK Cyba, believe it or not but when I started I was exactly like this, and trust me people don't like you when you yell and demand. Anyhow, to draw those squaiggly futuristic things people actually draw them believe it or not, sometimes I draw mine with the pencil and the pen tool, then I use filters, and techniques I get from tutorials sites and make the drawings I've drawn look nice. It TAKES time, now if you take the following suggestion you'll thank me one day.
1. Look through as many tutorial sites as you can and attempt to do all of them.
2. Learn how to use layer mask and gradient TOOL, this is a MUST, if you don't learn this say bye bye to web designing layouts.
3. Give it Time, and try to work things out b4 you post in the forums. In example, search the forums for what you're looking for first cause when I was new I did that and I usually found what I needed in a previously posted thread. Right about now you are probably going who does this D*umbass think he is trying to lecture me, and i don't really care but just try the three steps I've given you and remember, that all those things you see that look cool to you right now will look like a piece of **** to you later once you learn how to use photoshop. So don't fuss, now a days I look at those once cool anime sites that I use to think were tight, now I make even better stuff than they can. Later man, and learn to attempt things. Also if you need help with somethin email me at [email]VnxDragon88@hotmail.com[/email] and when i say email i mean email not pester, so email me with a link and Ill help you out, cause since I've started abot 6 months ago I think I'm a pretty decent designer, but compared to cybling and other I'm nothing.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2002#56593 Report
THANX DRAGON, advice taken, thanks so much 4 your help!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2002#56595 Report
I suggest you start off by first doing the tutorials on this site, http://www.teamphotoshop.com/photoshop/tutorials/ps_tut.php
panks got tutorials for people just like you starting out in photoshop and ones for when you get more advanced. Get to know the tools of photoshop and what each one does (use "the tools" tutorials) then go on and learn about all the other things you can do on photoshop.

With all those programs it can be overwhelming, so just take it slowly and and learn them one at a time. Try and experiment a bit yourself, but if you're not sure about someting search for a tutorial or just ask at this forum :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 10th 2002#57801 Report
kinda off topic, but cybling... your work is amazing.....
what program do you work with/render with?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 10th 2002#57815 Report
Yeah Cyb, I finally spent a little time and checked out your site =) very nice....
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum