TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Printable Area; Illustrator

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 24th 2002#54825 Report
I have a question.

I have thought that inside of the dashed line (work area in Illustrator) is printable area, and outside of the dashed area is non-printable area.

Whenever I changed the printers they changed, so I assumed between the solid line and the dashed like is what the printer give you the margin.

However, I noticed that it doesn't print how the boundary are.

Can anybody tell me the way to know where is the boundry and how to show that in Illustrator?

I hope my english make sense.

Thanks.

noboru
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 11th 2002#57934 Report
I'm not sure that i understand your problem.

You can move the printable area with the tool behind the hand.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 11th 2002#57970 Report
OK, let me try to explain again....
Correct me If I'm wrong.

When you open Adobe Illustrator, let's say, Letter size, You will get square line and inside have dashed square lines. It represents Non-printable Area (between square line and dashed line).

The space (non-printable area) changes whenever I chanage different printer.

However, when I print, the result came out has different non-printable area (margin).

I'm wondering if there is anyway that I can match the dashed square and printer's margin exactly same so that I can know the limit of the printable area.

That's my question.....

I hpoe this make sense this time...

Sorry for the poor english and thank you

nobopyon
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2002#58520 Report
The dashed line is called Page Tiling. What you have to do is:
Say your working on an 11x17 artboard. Your printer has to be set up to an 11x17 peice of paper (tabloid) as well as your document setup. This doesnt run the full 11x17 because you cannot bleed the image to the edges, you will lose .125" on each side. Basically just make sure that your page setup mathches your print setup and all will be fine.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum