TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Help...

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 4th 2002#51397 Report
I hate asking questions in my own forum but I'm stuck. Here is the deal.
I have a main movie. When that movie loads it calls on a separate movie (not clip, a movie) to load. It's a news movie. In that news movie I have a scene which is nothing more that a minimized button. When the user clicks on the minus button of the news it goes there and sits in limbo until the user clicks on the button to bring back up the news screen.

Here is the problem. I have all movies "not clips" on top of the main movie for the different sections of the site. I'd like from within those movies to tell the news movie to go to the minus/minimized scene. How do you control a movie that say is loaded level 2 from within a movie that is loaded in level three? A global var? I've tried setting a var in the news movie...
_root.newsactive=true;

Then my goal was to check from within the level 3 movie if that var was true it would automatically go to the level 2 movie and tell that to go to the minimized scene.

Can't seem to get it to work... Any ideas gurus...

And F.Y.I. I do have an instance name in the news movie for the actual meat of the movie... Thanks...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 4th 2002#51399 Report
Nevermind. Figured it out. I needed to use
_level2.gotoAndPlay ("newsmin");

;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum