TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Animation

Page: 1 Reply
May 23rd 2001#4033 Report
Hi guys

Got the bug for animation went to college and one of the other studes was working on his, he looked like he was having fun...NOT!!!.

But I saw the end result and I figure hey he can do that so can I so, which prog is best for animating splash screens etc, is it flash or image ready and has anybody seen any tuts on it as I am in the dark here looking for some light if you know what I mean.

Stay kewl dudes

Robin(Alias Grenadier):D
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2001#4037 Report
Depends on what you want.

It would have to be Flash when you want to have a bigger animation with tweens and stuff, because Image Ready would just have huge files.

Or if you only want a small animation like a blinking light you could use Image Ready.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2001#4050 Report
flash... ....shudder....

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2001#4056 Report
FLASH FLSAH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH.
Enough said.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2001#4082 Report
You can also check out a little proggy called "swish", it does "flash like" animations useing vector as well.

the good part:
Its like $30 US

the bad part:
It doesn't have NEAR the functionality of flash.

overall:
flashlike text animations .....FAST
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2001#4092 Report
I really hate to say it.... but for animation... no matter how much I LOVE Imageready and Adobe in general.... Flash is better for large animations. The reason is that Imageready chooses not to store the animation in one file.. but uses coding with references to a bunch of different files. But, as an Adobe lover I have Livemotion for all my animation exporting needs. :o)

..::riot::..
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 2nd 2001#4941 Report
I think Flash is definitely the way to go. I know Snore doesn't like it, and I don't think Oblivious does either, but the truth is, almost everyone has the latest Flash update because almost all entertainment web sites have some kind of Flash to them. And since Flash itself is only about a 250k download, people are not hesitant to get it. So you really don't have to worry too much about people not being able to see your cool Flash animation.

Also, I've seen some amazing Flash things, while still keeping a small file size. There was one site where the Flash ran at 1024x768, and it was probably 40-50 seconds long, and was only about 500k....which is nothing for someone on cable/dsl+....as to where I have seen single wallpaper images upwards of 1.5 to even 2 MB.....

I guess I'm getting a little off-topic here, so i'm done.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 2nd 2001#4987 Report
the main reason I don't like flash is because, I haven't really had enough experience with it, I have seen some cool animated movies with it, but, those must take an incredible amount of time to make,

It also seems like their are to many inconsistancies(sp?) for instance, to motion tween something, it has to be a symbol, to shape tween something it CAN'T be a symbol, doesn't really make much sense to me?

Guess like any other prog, it just takes time to learn..

scary to think I didn't like photoshop the first time I used it.. :|

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 5th 2001#5226 Report
yeah, flash is the best choice... i didn't like either flash or photoshop when i used them...:confused: hah, but now i'm great at both programs... **sorta flash** since i'm a little young, *cough*13 years old *cough* i haven't got the touch of actually drawing in flash... (characters) but i got the basics and some cool effects figured out..... gO fLaSh aNd pHoToShOp!i!i!i!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum