TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Needs some help!! Plz. ILLUSTRATOR

Page: 1 Reply
May 16th 2002#48037 Report
I have tried for about 6 houers, I have searched tutorials, bit nothing can help me with a simple question like this.

It´s the first time I use illustrator and I can´t fint masking???? I looked at the illustrator help file but what I found did´t help me at all. I hve 2 layers and I want the layer beneith to be the mask and every thing thats not in that object will be "ereased", masked from the laer above. U understand??

Hope someone can help me.

Thx all
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2002#48059 Report
To create a mask, the masking object needs to be in front of the objects that you want to mask. You select the masking object and all the objects you want it to mask. Then choose Object>Clipping Mask>Make.

Hope that helps.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2002#48062 Report
If you are looking for Photoshop's masking capabilities within Illustrator, forget it. Vector programs in general just don't do that.

Now I'm not saying you can't mask things. In most vector applications you can actually paste bitmap images and stuff inside a path and have the path be the mask. (i.e. nothing extends outside of the path's border) That might be what you are looking for.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2002#48082 Report
tthank you very much for the comment, helped me very much, thx again m8t´s

Biz_maker
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum