TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Alias Text in Flash 5

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 3rd 2002#45472 Report
When I type text into Flash 5, it always anti-aliases the text when I publish it. Is there anyway for it to not do that?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2002#45873 Report
What? I think you mean that your text is aliased when you publish. You cannot really make text un-antialiased, like the text you're reading right now, in flash. A lot of people use special pixel fonts (i'd stay away from them, you have to move them pixel by pixel to get them perfectly un-antialiased) from http://www.miniml.com. I would not reccomend this. However, if you go to my site (www.cyblingdesign.com), you will see that the text on the right is indeed not aliased, and is not a pixel font. It is in fact HTML code done through actionscript. You can download the file there (it's in the latest news) and save the text in notepad as .fla and open it in flash. Then go into the actionscript tab and click on the relevant timeline key to see the text. That's how you save hassel, and how to make your text not blurry.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2002#45994 Report
you can't? hmm... ;)

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2002#46052 Report
Huh? but that's what i said, that's HTML text done in actionacript like my example at ww.cyblingdesign.com.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2002#46099 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2002#46113 Report
Lol, that's actually almost identical to my scroller on my site using HTML text in Actionscript.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2002#46125 Report
cool, except that that one IS actually in flash, using a text variable instead of an html source file. how are you doing your text scroller exactly, i've seen one that works pretty well but i'm always looking for better solutions.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2002#46127 Report
No, i'm not using a HTML source at all. I made a dynamic text variable called 'text' and in the timeline, i put the cod text='hello world' and when ytou preview it, HTML text comes up. Everything's in flash. Here's the scroller (i changed the theme to suit my site....http://www.cyblingdesign.com/external/scroller.fla.zip (right click and save target)
Reply with Quote Reply
May 7th 2002#46248 Report
cool stuff, i'll check it out.

I'm actually doing a site now where i'm using html loaded into flash so that another individual can update the site without messing with the flash.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
May 7th 2002#46274 Report
That's pretty cool, i wouldn't really have a clue how to do that! Is this gonna be all your code or what? Send me an email when you're done, i'm very interested! What your saying sounds a bit like www.ultrashock.com in the way that it mixes HTML and Flash, although i think that's using a simple table.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum