TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Image Ready Rollovers...help!!

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 29th 2002#44512 Report
well, I've tried to figure out how to do rollovers...but it's not working too well...if anyone could give me some tips, that would awesome. I just can't seem to get the rollover states to be different, they're always the same thing, but I want it to rollover...anyways, thanks!

and if you're feeling very helpful, you can IM me on AIM on: HyperCallipitter

thanks again!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 29th 2002#44568 Report
When u make rollovers u have to make all the stage of the rollover before u make it.
Lets say u will make a bottom, who is blue and when u rollover it turns red, and when u click it it turn black.
You make your buttom and make the diffrents color buttoms in diffrent layers.
Then u hide all the layers execpt the blue buttom.
Then u make a new rollover state, and hide the blue bottom layer and show the red bottom.
Thats the way to do it, when u make the click state u just show the black bottom and hide all the other layers.
Hope u understand :-)

/Michael Knudsen
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 29th 2002#44661 Report
alrighty, I think I get it, I will try it out when I get home, thanks for your help!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 29th 2002#44687 Report
LMAO!

HyperCallipitter <-- that's too funny

Here is something Mattboy posted last year it will head you in the right direction.

Originally posted by mattboy_slim
OK.

Take the PSD you want to use, make sure all of your rollovers are on separate (but hidden) layers.

Then on the bottom of your main toolbar, click the VERY BOTTOM button.

---------------------------
In Imageready, select your "Slice" tool, and slice the image to your heart's desire.

When finished, select the "Select Slice" tool (it's under the Slice tool button), and select the slice you want the rollover to occur.

Then, there should be a window on the bottom-left of the screen. If it's not there, go to Window-->Show Rollover.

Then, there will be 1 little picture of your slice. Click the "New State" button (looks like a page with the corner folded).

Then you will have a new little picture of your slice, bringing the total to 2 pictures. That second picture is the "OVER" state. Which means that when your mouse moves over that slice/state, that is what your rollover will look like.

On your layers pallete, choose the layer that you made your rollover on, and "SHOW" it. Then, if it isn't already there, move it to the desired location.

When you get it in the spot you want it, click the "New State" button 2 more times to get the "CLICK" and "DOWN" states. Then click the original state "NORMAL", then click the "New State" button again to get the "OUT" state.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat as needed.

If you get stuck, just let us know.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum