TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Flash Jukebox

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 24th 2002#43734 Report
Okay this is what I have to do can you help me do it?? I have to build a basic jukebox with 6 loops to play. They have to be clicked to be turned on and off. They are to play until they are shut off and are to be looped 1000 times.

Now I have the design done and I can get it to play but not stop. Now the problem with how I have it now is that the more times you hit the play button it keeps playing it on top of the eachother.

I have no clue about actionscript and was wondering how to do this.

Please help I need to have this done tonight and I've been trying to do it for so long now I'm a little crazy. Oh and I have the Flash 5 Bible so if you want to reference that great.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 24th 2002#43774 Report
my first instinct would be use load and unload movie commands. create each loop in a separate swf file and have a button in your main movie for each. for each button assign an action onRelease to first unload the movie in level 1 or 2 or whatever you choose (level 0 is your base movie) then load that loop movie in the same level. when any button is clicked it should unload any loop playing from that level then load the new one. hope that helps, i'll try to check back in later tonight and see how you're doing.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43781 Report
Okay well I wined and got some more info for ya on what I'm trying to do. if yo go to www.getpixelated.com/musicbox2.fla yo can get the file to actually works. I have read through what you had suggested but when I got this file it seem like what you suggested was a different method. Well take a look and tell me what you think
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43842 Report
looks like your server is down at the moment, i'll try to check it again later. but there's lots of different ways to do it, mine was just one idea...

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43852 Report
That is pretty cool. I like the design, not sure about the way the letters are arranged....but I like the motion and the colors, etc. If I remember right you can script it so that only one sound will play at any given time and also so that with a click on another button or a change of music will send another mouse event that will trigger the music to stop and only the new one will play. I will have to check out some where that I remember seeing that....I think the load, unload movie might work as well, as long as all the music was pre loaded.

and.... I found this book really handy when I actually had time to play around with Flash....
"FlashActionScript for Designers - DragSlideFade" by Brendan Dawes from the New Riders group of designers. It has a nice section on audio, entitled "Listen".... I think it was only like 29$ on Amazon....
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43940 Report
Actionsript:The definitive Guide by Colin Moock is the best flash AS book on the market...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum