TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Dreamweaver tables...

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 13th 2002#41861 Report
Tables, tables tables...

Ok, i'm making my new interface, out of tables purely. Here's the template...http://www.cyblingdesign.com/cgi-bin/random.cgi

(.cgi is because the page loads the interface with a different skin, or colour. Pretty sweet Perl script!) Anyhoo, this page loads way too salow, and is sliced up horrible because i did it in Fireworks. Now, i have a series of 1 pixel wide colour which I deicided to stretch, so therefore your server only has to load 1 pixel image, and therfore it will be super quick. My problem is fitting the these images into a table, and getting them to be side by side. No matter how hard i try, i still cannot get it perfect. So do you know of any tips on very tight tables in Dreamweaver? PS, it's not the tighness of the tables, i have the cell and border size set to 0, but it's getting 3 images to go to the side of one another that's the problem.

Eg, the round corner at the top left will be an image, and so will the top black 1 pixel wide border,and the 1 pixel wide black border going along the left. I can get 2 of those to fit in, but once i add a column, it messe up big time, even splitting the cells is no good..
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2002#41868 Report
Tip.. Add a new table within a cell to avoid the table from messing up.

Let say you have 2 rows, the top row you wanna split up to 5 and the lower on to 10

Instead of directly splitting it, add a new table to each cell and then split it.

Also, in dreamweaver, unless your actually drag and resize, the default width and height is usually 0 or the one you set when you add it.

I hope I help you in some way.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2002#41874 Report
Yeah, thanks Side...I'll try that now, the inserting a table in a cell.. It's still a pain.

BTW, Dreamweaver does not automatically specify 0 and 0 for cell and border size. It leaves this space black and inserts a default of 1. Well, that's Dreamweaver 3.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2002#41879 Report
I'm at 4, its puts in the nbsp; thing in the table as space.
It won't be much of a pain once you understand how it works.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum