TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

scatter in cinema 4d

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 3rd 2002#39109 Report
hello there...

does any of the cinema 4d users in here know how to make an object 'scatter'?

I don't know how to explain this.
Like you have one object and you can copy it automaticly multible times... on random locations in your scene.

Hope you guys know what i mean...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 3rd 2002#39145 Report
ummm, i don't QUITE get it (but it's probley just me) do you think you could explain a bit more :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2002#39249 Report
i don't know how to explain it more... :rolleyes:

where is cybling boy when you need him?

well, perhaps i can try:

inthis tutorial for 3d max on step 30 is what i mean...

Hope you understand it now...? :confused:
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2002#39254 Report
yes i see what your saying now but i don't know how do do that i'm afriad. Are you trying to make the grass?

where is cybling boy when you need him?

couldn't agree more:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2002#39260 Report
no not grass... but i think this will come in handy with other object too... to make them scatter around your scene.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2002#39269 Report
oh,ok

well if you figure it out i'd also be keen to learn it.

Sorry i couldn't help
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2002#39385 Report
hehe...

Hello NL... Hmm, well there's no such thing as scatter. If you are referring to something like my most recent C4D comp, i'm prepared to give away it's secret...

The 'pathways' in this pic is made up of one object believe it or not, a cone which has been squashed into a flattened down cone just by grabbing the y coordinate puller thingy down towards the base. Then, all i really did was apply 'shatter' deformation to it. (just drop the shatter deformation object into the cone or whatever, and adjust the settings...)

By adjusting the settings, your object will shatter up, expelling very cool and weird shapes at different locations...however the loaction of the shatters does of course dpend on the shape and size of your cone, so if you make your cone bigger, the larger the area will spread. My cone in this instance, was practically like a chocolate m'nm. Any more questions, just post. Hope that makes some sort of sense...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2002#39389 Report
thanks for that... but it isn't really what i meant... :(

let's see...

you have 1 object and you want to duplicate it multible times, at different locations.... wait, i should find i pic...

yeah here it is... click

can you do something like that by making 1 cube and than doing something to duplicate it so many times?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2002#39391 Report
Ahh, you should have posted that before. Yeah, i actually bought a plugin today for that. It's called BhodiNut JENNA, it's a plugin which can set a whole load of arrays and stuff. You can achieve your example without this...An array...it's beside the metaballs option, i don't know what it's called. Click on array and drop an object into it and voila! The object will not be random however....that's where a plugin comes in...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2002#39392 Report
Maybe array?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum