TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Preloaders

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 15th 2002#31077 Report
I checked a flash tuturial site and for a preloader, it says to do as follows:

ifFrameLoaded ("Scene","Frame")
GotoandPlay ("Scene","Frame")
End Frame Loaded

O.K., now i found all of the components needed for this EXCEPT "End Frame Loaded". Is there really a command that says that or am I letting stupidity over come me?

Also, the ("Scene","Frame"), is that referring to the preloader scene and ending frame or is it talking about the first frame of the movie?

I already have the middle of my movie constructed and saved as Scene 1.

Thnx again in advance
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 15th 2002#31080 Report
Ok I did this;

Frame 1 of Scene 1:

ACTION=If Frame Is Loaded (1,1) Goto and Play (2,1)

*draws "loading" phrase*

Then I try to test it, and being that my computer already has it saved, i dont really get to see the preloader. Am I supposed to put a button in to make it look good? If so how? (Assuming that what I did in the first place is right)
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 15th 2002#31081 Report
Never mind, figured it out
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 17th 2002#31545 Report
Hi.

You should look into prelaoding your movies with the GetBytesLoaded/GetBytesTotal method. This way, you can display how much exactly of your movie is loaded. And there's a million tut's on the net. www.ultrashock.com has a great one. With the scene prelaoders, make sure you have your content on frame 2, otherwise somtimes the flash player ignore frame 1 and displays nothing. Just to be safe... I'd use the getBytesLoaded way of using a preloader...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum