TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Me again

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 14th 2002#31004 Report
I here again. :D

1. Got an offer I, almost, can't resist. A computersoftware store is going down and is offering all software to reduced price. Now I got PS 5.5, and gets this opportunity to get PS 6. Should I go for that or isn't PS 6 much better ?

2. Offer number two: Bryce 5 is a prog I've been drawn to for some time now, but I'm not a rich person so I haven't aquired it.
Now I get to buy it for more than half the price. Is this a fair price ?

Seems to me, when the prices are this low, I just have to get them, even if it turns out that I never will use them after trying them out. Whatcha say ?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 14th 2002#31016 Report
I say no and yes.

No to PS 6, because it really isn't that muich differen to ps5.5 except for the top bar thingy and brush strokes. etc

Yes, do get bryce 5 for half price, you'd be dumb if you didn't
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 14th 2002#31021 Report
you should start with ps6 if you're just starting on PS
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 14th 2002#31023 Report
side, he just said he had ps 5.5...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 14th 2002#31037 Report
Do you have Illustrator? If not I'd say yes, get PS 6, it'll let you do vector type for print work as opposed to having to place a file in Illustrator. Actually, as long as you have a decently fast machine, I'd get it anyway...

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 15th 2002#31070 Report
I know.. But since he just get started, its best that he starts from 6..
And not end up like me who ain't gonna let go of 5.5..

Like pank suggested, get an earlier version and buy the upgrade to get it cheaper.. Like what I did.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 15th 2002#31086 Report
Originally posted by Fig
Do you have Illustrator? If not I'd say yes, get PS 6, it'll let you do vector type for print work as opposed to having to place a file in Illustrator. Actually, as long as you have a decently fast machine, I'd get it anyway...

Chris

Fig:
Yes, I am in possesion of Illustrator 9.0, but I haven't come to learn it just yet. Thats why I was wondering 'bout PS 6 'cos of the vector feature. It seemed more easy to get a hang of the vector thing in a prog that I'm already familiar (almost anyway) with, rather than starting up with Illustrator (...It'll come).

cybling_boy:
D'ya suggest that I, as a fairly newbie at PS, would be confused by upgrading to PS 6 and should concentrate on 5.5 (along with Illustrator for the vector feature) ?

Sidefx:
I do got Ps 5.5, but I'm not that good at it just yet, so if PS 6 is "better" or in anyway more suitable for a halfnewbie....

I am greatful for Your help, and according to my previous geekpost in suggestions concerning points, I give you all 10/10 for helping me. (Note that I always, just give high points :D )

Moderator :
For me, who is from sweden, and not to good at the english language, it would be a great help to get to spellcheck my posts. That would eliminate painful "emmbarresmenntz" when I notice that people points out that they don't understand what I'm writing due to my spelling abilities. Is it possible to get it to work...
I get this message when trying to check for errors:

Due to the current advertising climate, SpellChecker.net no longer offers a banner supported service. Webmasters: click here to sign up for the paid version of the SpellChecker.net system.

(Or I could just learn english, no...?)

Thanx P-man

(I just have to do something 'bout my sig... I give it 2/10)
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 20th 2002#32022 Report
Got them all.

And I'm stunned. PS 6 isn't that much different to PS 5.5 except for the top bar and brushes. like You said cyb_boy. But what I like is the vector feature, mmmmmh I like it. Just have to learn to master it.

KPT 6 isn't a boring thing at all. Bought that as well, hehehe.

And finally, Bryce 5. Don't understand a thing but what potentail in doin' stuff if I get to learn this prog, Yahooo ! I'm a really happy man to day.

And the prices for each prog was totally out there, watcha say 'bout Bryce 5 for approx. $90.00 US !!!! And PS 6 went for $200.00 US, KPT 6 $49.00 US. Still stunned, I was wondering, while standing in the store...Is this for real, is this legal. But it was, they assured me. They'd gone out of business and had to get rid of their stock to get money for their debts.

Hmmmm, one's misfurtune, another mans luck.

Still, I'm the most satisfyied man today, I think...

P-man
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 14th 2002#35753 Report
hi

i am not agree wthe others because photoshop6 have a verious fuction like in text you can arrange it as you want in any sheap .

like in circular form or in any form............

2. you don't have shep tool in photoshop 5.5

3.you don't have vector format in raster format software........... in photoshop 5.5

4.you don't have luquify plugin into image menu which is very important (ps 5.5)

like this lots of fuction are there in photoshop 6.0

and the last one is if you are into software field you have to use latest software because in every new version is based on the last version.and if you used latest version then it is very easy to use the next version.

so as far my exp you have to get latest version of any software.

abhijit
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum