TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Flash 5 Linking Question....

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 6th 2002#29829 Report
Well guys, I'm trying out some Flash, and I had a question. When you create text in Flash 5, there is a mini text bar underneath where you input your text, which has the title "URL" in it, and there you can input the link you want that text to link to. But I have a question, for instance, if I'm using frames, and I name one of my frames "main", and I want that Flash link to open up in that frame known as "main", how could I do that? Your help would greatly be appreciated, thank you.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 6th 2002#29839 Report
That's a little too brief. Are you talking about 'frames' as in HTML frames or 'frames' as in Flash frames?

I'll take it that you're talking about HTML frames, but i'm not too sure :S So if you have a movie in a frame in dreamweaver or whatever, you asking how could you load in, on clicking, another swf into the frame say to the left or right of it??? I actually don't think this is possible without a good knowledge of script, but maybe decker can help here. I don't usually use frames, so i don't know if you can have say 3 frames, and get only 1 of them to load in from the server. But you could try. Upload the movie you want to load into the seperate frame to your server, and use that as your link in flash (URL). Now to get specify that to a different frame might be hard to do. If you think about it, that frame woulld have to be a seperate webpage. deker! help! confused:

A totally different approach would be to load in an external file from your server. Look 2 threads down, arbel has created a bril tutorial for that without using frames.

Oh, and if you're not talking about HTML frames, i will be very pissed off, coz that a whole different story using actionscript.:
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum